TP-WR841N & AirPrint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
habitoti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:14    Post subject: TP-WR841N & AirPrint Reply with quote
Hi,

just flashed my TP with the great new DD-WRT for this device. The one thing I am lost with right now ist enabling Airprint (Bonjour) discovery for iDevices. This worked flawlessly with the stock FW, however now iPads and iPhones can no longer discover the Airprint printer. I tried several settings, including "Client bridged"' but it seems I can't make the TPLink simply bridge all traffic to my central GW.

Anyone else made that successfully happen? What do I need to configure to do that?

Regards, habitoti
Sponsor
habitoti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
It get's even stranger...my iPad 3 and an iPhone 4 (both iOS 6.1.3) won't see the printer, while an iPad Mini (6.1.3) and an iPad 1 (5.1) do see it and can print fine. So there seems to be no principle issue in routing the Bonjour traffic, but it seems to get lost just for the first two devices. When replacing the TPLink again with my older WRT54G, everything is back to normal. Both have DD-WRT, and basically the same overall setup.

I just don't get it...
habitoti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone a clue? My family escalated this now as a showstopper, since no one can print any longer with their iDevices, as now also the iPad 1 refuses to see the printer. Only the iPad Mini still discovers it... Rolling Eyes
boliger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering, did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem. Thx. -Brian
habitoti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. I posted this question in different threads, but there was no reply whatsoever. Surfing for it you get the same useless answers, mostly of people that seemingly have no bonjour devices at all themselves. The usual responses are: "your printer does have to support Airprint" and "here is a link how you can make your PC an Airprint printer server", both completely unrelated to the actual issue.
I ended up buying a used Apple Airport Extreme router. It was still 100€, but it is an amazingly excellent an easy to use one, and I have now 50MB downstream with my Mac, 35 MB with the iPad, and printing and everything else works w/o any issues now (plus no more unexplainable connections cuts). And it looks good Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: