Asus RT-RT-N12 revision D1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GreenDwarf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 20:29    Post subject: Asus RT-RT-N12 revision D1 Reply with quote
Hi guys iam new here and iam looking form dd-wrt frimware for this device. There is C1 revision firmware but i dont know if i can use that firmware for my device. Thanks for advice.

John
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Different revisions can have massive differences in both hardware and firmware, so what works on one will almost certainly NOT work on another. That being said, I have no experience with your particular router and do not see it on either the supported or known incompatible lists.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
GreenDwarf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what now ? i saw something about this router on Tomato FW site and that fw should works on my router.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
GreenDwarf wrote:
So what now ?

Question
"Now" you sort out what you are going to do.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
GreenDwarf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oke i will try it tomorow and then post result. and i have some kind of "networking" question. I have some services what use 2 ports (data,and broadcast, both use TCP/UDP ports) and my problem is when some traffic coming to my service, it normaly works(other connected successfully) but when i try connect to someone with this services i cannot connect (others can) port forwarding is set up correctly. so i dont know where could be broblem (firewall is off, i try DMZ nothing work) my router is behind one ISP router (outside wifi clint) and that is connected to internet tracert on google show something like Myrouter(192.168.1.1-->ISP router 192.168.0.1-->192.168.10.1--> internet). Other services works normally(can host FTP servers etc..)Can u sent me some tips ? (Sorry for my bad english)
th3voic3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tomorrow? Did you try it?
ldelgado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm looking to buy the latest Asus RT-N12 which is revision D1.

Is there any confirmation that other RT-N12 firmwares work on this revision?

Thanks.
hobbitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
ldelgado wrote:
Hello,
I'm looking to buy the latest Asus RT-N12 which is revision D1.

Is there any confirmation that other RT-N12 firmwares work on this revision?

Thanks.

One guy posted on ASUS forum that he flashed rev B1 firmware with it and it worked. See link below. I haven't tried but I guess it's logically possible since both B1 and D1 have 8 MB of flash. As for full compatibility, BIG ????

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20130530153530861&board_id=11&model=RT-N12&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
eusonlito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
C1 and D1 revisions hardware seem to be same (https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/wiki/Devices). Check that B1 and D1 is not the same hardware.

I'm using now C1 dd-wrt firmware and seems to work fine, but some time I need to restart it because stop to work.

Other problem than I can see is that networks with dd-wrt have less signal than original firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: