Buffalo AirStation WLA-G54, with DD-WRT, unable to reset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ivanK4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 16:21    Post subject: Buffalo AirStation WLA-G54, with DD-WRT, unable to reset. Reply with quote
Hi,

I had this router lying around for few years, back then I've flashed it with DD-WRT (v.24 std, release: 07/27/08. ) and the router is working fine. The wireless network is visible and I can also access the web gui. That is, I can access it but not enter, because I have totally forgot what password I have put. I also forgot the wireless password. So for all practical use the router is as good as bricked since there is no way to access it(Oh yeah I could probably use it as a switch Smile but I need wifi functionality)

Now I tried doing a hard reset by holding the button for 30 seconds.. the diag light flashes and all... I also tried the 30/30/30 hard reset.
But the router just keeps working after all that, as if nothing happened. I still can't enter the web gui(with root/admin), and the wireless network is visible with my custom set BSSID name from before so I know its not back to defaults...

I tried pinging the router while it is booting on 192.168.11.1 (And my PC ip is set to the same subnet) but I get no response .. After it boots the router can be pinged on the IP I configured few years back (192.168.1.250)

I also tried tftp(win gui) but it says "Unable to get responses from the server"

Why is my router not reseting and what can I do? Any advice, anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Ivan
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: