TP-Link 740n + DD-WRT = charm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
detekt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 22:05    Post subject: TP-Link 740n + DD-WRT = charm Reply with quote
Hi. With this post I want to do 2 things.

First of all. Thank you to the guys who created dd-wrt! I feel like reborned after I switched to dd-wrt. I cannot say it is better, because this would mean that the stock firmwares are actually good... It is different! It is working. Everything is working AS INTENDED. Now I can actually use my router for the purposes I bought it for.

Second. I would like to help those guys who are wondering what new router should they buy to achieve good speeds. Here I would recommend my router - TP-Link 740N .

Achieved speed over Wireless N

WiFi adapter: Intel Centrino 1030

This router costed me ~20 EUR ( ~$25 USD ) and I think its the best for this price.

I hope someone will find this information useful.

P.S. I get almost the same speed over LAN (75 Mbit/s). Unfortunately this is my highest speed provided by the ISP so I do not know if the router is capable of even higher speeds (probably it is).

P.S.S. If anyone has the same router, but has problems, configuring it for such speeds - send me a PM, I will give you my router settings.
Sponsor
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
as someone who has worked with this router, i concur! This router is amazing with dd-wrt.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
detekt: такива скорости има само в България бе мой човек, те като вземат по мегабит-два от провайдера си, как ще им настроиш рутера да пуска по-бърза скорост? Всичко живо по света е на кабелни и DSL модеми и за него под десет мегабита е съвсем нормално, при нас провайдерите правят всякакви изпълнения които ако дойдат от някоя голяма компания ще им стане лошо и ще се откажат от бизнеса - знаеш, кабели по дървета, лампи и т.н. И всъщност затова скоростта е толкова добра.

--------

And what if the user has some slow DSL line that offers 1 or 2 megabits or less? Remember your router is simply an end user device you use and it just spreads what is received from the provider. If the provider gives you less then the router will also give you less. And don't tell anyone from outside Bulgaria that you get 80 megabit international connection for EUR 20 monthly because they may come to live here.
haumea
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Момче тук в този форум не са риби хората,/скрийншота ти е по кабел!!!/ имам същия рутер вер. 4.21 и работи чудесно със стоковия софт. Безжично държи около 3мб/с и няма как да е повече ddwrt понеже не сменяш хардуера Smile) Айде умната и не се излагай така дете..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: