e1000 ipv6 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ricosuave0922
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:15    Post subject: e1000 ipv6 help Reply with quote
First off let me preface by saying i am not new to dd-wrt by any means. i have been using it on dozens of devices for many years now.

Slightly out of boredom and slightly out of curiosity i have decided to look into doing ipv6. I have a Linksys E1000 that i have flashed with dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small

From everything i am seeing in the guides and threads, the ipv6 configuration relies on jffs, which if i am correct, is not part of the build that i am using.

The only thing that i can find that i think relates to what im trying to do is the 6to4 on k2.6 builds section located here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6

Is that the setup i should follow or is there a different procedure i should be following. Some of these guides are a little out of date and i just want to make sure i am following the correct instructions.

Thanks for the help!!! Smile
Sponsor
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
you're better off using tomato for this. in the case of 6to4, it needs to be re-initialized every time your IP address changes. Not to mention that the ip utility in busybox is broken. The utility is unfortunately needed.

Tomato has none of these issues.
ricosuave0922
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangix wrote:
you're better off using tomato for this. in the case of 6to4, it needs to be re-initialized every time your IP address changes. Not to mention that the ip utility in busybox is broken. The utility is unfortunately needed.

Tomato has none of these issues.

Last i checked, Tomato only supports the E1000v1 i have v2
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just checked and although tomato does support the unit, the builds for it do not come with ipv6 included.

If you're feeling brave, the latest OpenWRT trunk supports this unit as well. Be warned that you need to use command line to install stuff like web interface and ipv6 and whatnot. Or compile your own with all of that included.

If you want to stick to dd-wrt, you need to downgrade to an earlier build to get 6to4 working. I forgot when the ip command stopped working. Keep in mind that earlier builds are also buggier for the v2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: