[Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
rebelldersonne wrote:
Thanks for this newbie-friendly tutorial!

Now, I wanted to install minidlna on my WNDR3700 because the DLNA-function from Netgear is driving me crazy... But I get the error
Code:
-sh: opkg: not found

I think this is because my router doesn't "recognize" the WAN-connection. It is connected to modem-router which is the DHCP-server and connected to the LAN-1-port of my Netgear. Is there a way to download the package and copy it on the Netgear or to get the Netgear "recognizing" the Internet connection?

thanks in advance

which build # of dd-wrt are you using?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
rebelldersonne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now I got to manage everything and the opkg update works, BUT, when I want to reinstall libc with opkg (because I want to use miniDLNA), I get:
Code:
@DD-WRT:/tmp# opkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Installing libc (0.9.33.2-1) to root...
Configuring libc.
Collected errors:
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libm.so.0 to 'libm-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libcrypt.so.0 to 'libcrypt-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libc.so.0 to 'libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libdl.so.0 to 'libdl-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libutil.so.0 to 'libutil-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.
 * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 to 'ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so': Operation not permitted.

All I just did was
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
opkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk

Furthermore, I have the login-issue a few guys mentioned earlier in this thread and I can't fix it - I don't know how they did.

So, when I reboot after this tutorial, I can't SSH into the router.

buddee wrote:

which build # of dd-wrt are you using?

I'm using
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) std
(SVN revision 21676)
on a Netgear WNDR3700 (v1)...

I'll try it with another build, like in this post:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=727906#727906

Thanks in advance
phxmark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 15:13    Post subject: Minidlna Segmentation Fault Reply with quote
I am getting a Segmentation Fault when trying to launch Minidlna. I am using build 16994 on a WNDR3700. I have tried other builds randomly higher from the 16994 build, but they either have the SSH issue, the missing wireless tab issue or the LED issue.

What build will work best with the router and minidlna and has the least amount of issues? I was using the v.24 stable build but was having problems with the SMB server.
acruns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 20:25    Post subject: File System is Read Only Reply with quote
Greetings.

I am following the directions in the OP. But when I attempt to create the directories I get,
mkdir: can't create directory '/sda_part1': Read-only file system File System is Read Only.

What am I doing wrong?
flippant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have my designated drive mounted to /opt and am trying to install Optware.

However, whenever i get to the install stage (and the install files have been downloaded), I get the following error(s):

Quote:
root@XXXXXXX:/tmp# ipkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_618-3_ar71
xx.ipk
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
/bin/ipkg: line 1184: sort: not found
root@XXXXXXX:/tmp#

What's going on?
bursucul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 17:13    Post subject: works good on wrt160nl Reply with quote
i followed the op tutorial and it works good on wrt160nl but... after i installed and started mc (midnight commander) i get this:

+----------- Warning ------------+
| |
| Unable to load 'default' skin. |
| Default skin has been loaded |
| |
+--------------------------------+

and it's all black and whide, without cursor...

any ideeas ?

thanks!
flippant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a WDR4900 that is not ar71xx (like the WNDR3700), but rather uses FreeScale MPC8343 as reported by DD-WRT. It's listed as being of the mpcC85xx variety on the OpenWRT website, which strikes me as a potential pitfall.

What are my options as far as getting Optware installed?

I went to the OpenWRT trunk and found:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/opkg_618-3_mpc85xx.ipk & http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_mpc85xx.ipk

—that I would've thought should work for my setup. But I keep getting the same error:

Quote:

I don't know what to do.

"ipkg update" doesn't return anything. No error messages at all.
DocMCSE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 19:16    Post subject: Re: Fix libc dependency issues Reply with quote
credd144 wrote:
Note I was not able to install the new libc package using ipkg. I had to download the file to the router and install using opkg.

Credd144: You are a life saver, I followed the initial instructions in the opening post and could not get anything to install after that due to this same libc error. The main reason I wanted to get this working in the first place was the included busybox on my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 did not have some often used commands (sort being one of them) so I needed to install a better busybox. Trouble was I seemed to be having a trouble that no one else (in the first 8-10 pages of this thread at least) seemed to have and I was about to give up figuring it was unique to my model. So very glad I did a search one more time with both the model number and libc as it would have been days before I'd have gotten to page 21 where your posting was found!
paleee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, thank you guys for this topic, without this, I would never be able to install and configure DD-WRT with Optware on my WRT842ND.

I've done with: DD-WRT install, HDD with ext3 partition install, Optware install, transmission daemon+web install. Everíthing is working fine, wireless, NAS etc... except ONE THING:

I can't manage transmission to start automatically on each reboot!

I have an init.d script: /opt/etc/init.d/transmission

Code:
killall transmission-daemon
sleep 150
/opt/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -c /mnt/!torrent/!temp/
echo 11>/mnt/scripttest.txt

The script itself is working, I can see the sleep 150 command in ps, and also the file scripttest.txt is created. But transmission doesn't want to start this way.

The interesting part is when I execute transmission manually with the same command (like in the script), and it's working flawlessly!

Did I miss something? Embarassed
baccilus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 16:34    Post subject: Not working great for me Reply with quote
I have the TP-Link 1043ND router. I get stuck at:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/tmp# ipkg libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_618-3_ar71xx.ipk
ERROR: unknown sub-command `libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk'

usage: ipkg [options...] sub-command [arguments...]
where sub-command is one of:
<blah manual on how to use the command blah>

I am on :
Firmware:
Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) st
d

It doesn't work from the beginning. My "/dev/sda1 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1"
I can't get it to mount on /mnt.
Code:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

does nothing
Please help me. I want to install optware.
baccilus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some steps seem wrong:
Step 5
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/opkg_618-3_ar71xx.ipk
ipkg libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_618-3_ar71xx.ipk
should have "install" after ipkg

mkdir /sda_part1 should be mkdir sda_part1
I have sda1 and sda2 in /dev not part 1 and part 2
In general, as of now this guide is not working for me. May be it is outdated now or I am just stupid.
dwupack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I'm using Netgear WNDR3700v1 + latest dd-wrt 07-24-13-r22118. I would like to mount Flash Drive and install torrent client (transmission). I tried to do that using the guide I found on forum but it doesn't work at all. Could anybody help me by writing step by step instruction what should I put in command window in release r22118?
unlucky1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
dwupack wrote:
Hi, I'm using Netgear WNDR3700v1 + latest dd-wrt 07-24-13-r22118. I would like to mount Flash Drive and install torrent client (transmission). I tried to do that using the guide I found on forum but it doesn't work at all. Could anybody help me by writing step by step instruction what should I put in command window in release r22118?

This worked for me:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=171227&highlight=optware+minidlna+transmission+wdr3600

I just used it to load Optware.

Netgear R7800 (AP) - r54682
burno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
flippant wrote:
I have a WDR4900 that is not ar71xx (like the WNDR3700), but rather uses FreeScale MPC8343 as reported by DD-WRT. It's listed as being of the mpcC85xx variety on the OpenWRT website, which strikes me as a potential pitfall.

What are my options as far as getting Optware installed?

I went to the OpenWRT trunk and found:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/opkg_618-3_mpc85xx.ipk & http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_mpc85xx.ipk

—that I would've thought should work for my setup. But I keep getting the same error:

Quote:

I don't know what to do.

"ipkg update" doesn't return anything. No error messages at all.

Hy !

I (hardly) manage to install opkg on my TL-WDR4900 with the Freescale CPU ... here are the steps I followed :

1 - Connect thought GUI,
activate Core USB support and select "Automatic Drive Mount"
reboot your router.
After the reboot go to the same menu and scroll "Disk Mount Point" to "/mnt"
reboot your router
After the reboot go to the same menu, you should see your disk "Disk Info"

to verify , connect thougt SSH and type "mount" you should have something like that :

/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/sda_part1 type ext2 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr)

2 - Create opkg directories and mount it

Thought SSH execute :

Code:

cd /mnt/sda_part1
mkdir -p etc opt/lib root
touch optware.enable
chmod -R 755 .
cp -a /etc/* /mnt/sda_part1/etc/
mount -o bind /mnt/sda_part1/etc /etc
mount -o bind /mnt/sda_part1/opt /opt
mount -o bind /mnt/sda_part1/root /tmp/root

3 - Connect thought SSH an Wget the first two packages

you probably have to adjust the version of the package, check directly in the repo : http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/

Code:
cd /tmp/mnt/sda_part1/
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/opkg_618-3_mpc85xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_mpc85xx.ipk

4 - Edit your config files

edit /etc/ipkg.conf and adjust these values

Code:

dest root /opt
dest ram /opt/tmp

create a file /etc/opkg.conf

Code:

src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/mpc85xx/packages
dest root /opt
dest ram /opt/tmp
lists_dir ext /opt/tmp/var/opkg-lists

4 - Extract your firsts two packages

Code:
cd /tmp/mnt/sda_part1/
ipkg install opkg_618-3_mpc85xx.ipk
ipkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_mpc85xx.ipk

You don't care about errors, you juste wan't file to be extracted :
Unpacking opkg...Done.
Configuring opkg...Done.

Your problem was probably a wrong path in your /etc/ipkg.conf, it must be /opt !

This is the last time your use IPKG, the package manager we need is OPKG

5 - Export your path variable and update opkg

still throught SSH execute :

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib'

then

Code:
opkg update

Now OPKG is working ... Wink

6 - Look at the first page of this post , and do points 6 to 8
cliggity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so I have the WR1043ND running 22118, and I need help from the real pros here.

I have tried this tutorial and a few others that I have found online and they all end the same. I get everything installed and "working" but the opkg update command fails.

I suspect that opkg cannot connect to the internet (pinging google fails) because in my network setup, my router receives internet from LAN port, not WAN port.

What do I need to change to allow opkg internet access?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: