Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
mchaney
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
mr.l wrote:
Quote:
Is port forwarding broke on 21676 totally?
straight answer : NO... you just can't use it with access restriction in same time. if it's a problem for you, just wait for new release.

no offence... Very Happy

Yeah, I just backed out the few access restrictions I had put in until the next release comes out. Without those, port forwarding (and everything else) seems to work fine. I'll wait for the next release before putting my access restrictions back in as they are not a show stopper for me. If you must run both access restrictions and port forwarding, don't run 21676. Run the prior one.

Mike
Sponsor
vtphilk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
mr.l wrote:
Eh always the same questions even in the same topic where they were already answered.... vtphilk if you weren't too lazy to go back four pages to 121 you would find
Quote:
"port forwarding itself does work. but don't enable any access restriction"

and go back 5 page to 120

Quote:

" mache: i have already reported that bug to BrainSlayer. ipp2p is causing this. do net set any access restrictions for the moment. it has already been fixed. but you have to wait for new build.
"

Just in case Very Happy...
Quote:
Is port forwarding broke on 21676 totally?
straight answer : NO... you just can't use it with access restriction in same time. if it's a problem for you, just wait for new release.

no offence... Very Happy[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying for my lazy ass. Where do I stop, 125 pages in this thread, I could have found the answer 4 pages back (I went 2 or 3) or it could have taken 30 pages. Thanks for the answer...I'm going to give it a go.
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
@vtphilk i know forum search here sucks, cause the forumsoftware is old, BUT the words "port forward rt-n66u" searching the broadcom forum have pointed you ,right on the first result page, to the right direction. specially, since we have also an extra topic for the bug.
TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
jarryd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tried flashing a new RT-N66U VER.B2 with the latest revision (dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx) and I'm running into some kind of boot loop. The router's able to flash fine and seems to boot fine as I'm sometimes getting a single response back when pinging the device before it drops off again. 15-20 seconds later, it reboots itself and the cycle continues.

Through Merlin's firmware I confirmed my CFE to be 1.0.1.0, which shouldn't matter with this new build if I'm not mistaken.

I've done the usual 30/30/30, NVRAM clearing methodology. Has anyone else had any issues with something similar?

Edit: I've managed to fix this issue, which turned out to be my outdated CFE, so for anyone with the same issue I had with a boot loop for:

RT-N66U B2 / CFE 1.0.1.0

Running the CFE updater from here works fine, you just need to vi the cfe_updater.sh file and change any mention of 1.0.1.2 to 1.0.1.0. Then you should be able to run the instructions listed in the wiki without any issues.
lambretta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52    Post subject: Hardware version B2 Reply with quote
Similarly to the above, I have managed to flash firmwares onto version B2, please see http://blog.depannone.com/?p=446 for info on how I managed to get it working. It involves CFE update from 1.0.1.0.
agatek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello there,

I am a bit lost and appreciate some verification/confirmation.

RT-N66U B1. Stock firmware. I followed to my best interpretation what was said here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N66U

1. done the factory defaulting from the stock firmware gui
2. uploaded dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx
3. Waited patiently for like 20 min, ping was still with no response but I notice dd-wrt is on-air already and I got in (I noticed it was rebooting but around 2nd or 3rd minute from the start of the upload).
4. Now what I don't get is it saying: Router Model Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS
The rest appears to be working so I am not sure whether this is the way it supposed to be or I did something wrong in the process.
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
agatek, I would try clearing the NVRAM and then flash again.
Kollosal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:48    Post subject: Cant run commands Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a Asus RT-N66U Router With a DD-WRT software.
Everything looks working, but when i Write in the scrip from my VPN supplyer in "Commands" under Administartor, nothing happend. I dont get a Message that the command run With succsess or something.
Im trying to get and OpenVPN router.
I have checked With my VPN suopplyer, and the script is correct.
I put om DD-WRT software on my Asus Router myself. Is it possible that i have done something wrong when i uploaded the software. Or is it if the software looks good, everything should work?
I loaded Version "dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U" on a New Asus RT-N66U router.
Somebody who knows anything about this?
madhusker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a RT-N66U ver. B1 that had the latest Asus stock firmware and I flashed dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx It's working great so far.

Last edited by madhusker on Thu Jul 18, 2013 20:21; edited 1 time in total
rmbean2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've upgraded routers to DD-WRT in the past, but that was when I needed additional functionality that the orginal firmware did not provide. I just got a RT-N66U and it seems like the stock firmware has everything I need.

The question is: Is there a compelling reason (besides straight feature set) to upgrade my RT-N66U to DD-WRT? Will I see stability or performance improvement? Any opinions would be appreciated... just wondering if it is worth the effort.

Thanks in advance!!
madhusker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the stock firmware to be some of the most limiting firmware i have ever seen! But really it's each to his own. If the stock firmware does what you need then I would not install DDWRT by any means. For me it brings an incredible amount of features from VPN, to static IP management that works, to a bridged guest network that's safe, to access policies that actually work for my kids, to complex routing from outside my network, to reliable dyndns, to (on and on). Those are all features I use on a regular basis and with the stock firmware I even struggled to do the basics. Trying to find the IP or MAC address of a connected device is almost impossible except looking through the dirty logs.

-MH
RMerlin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you want top performance, stick with either original or my FW.

If you want top features, go with DD-WRT.

Anything in-between: go Tomato.
madhusker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is exactly right! Well said!
linuxares
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
RMerlin wrote:
If you want top performance, stick with either original or my FW.

If you want top features, go with DD-WRT.

Anything in-between: go Tomato.

I have to ask you since I seen you on both Tomato's forum, here and SNB.

I tried your release, Stock, Tomato (Shibby) and now DD-WRT. All of them I got the same problem with the wireless.

They're all on 2.4GHz and 5GHz they get stuck on maximum 65Mbps wireless. I tried turning off 5GHz and it's still on 65Mbps wireless.

Placing the router at another place? Doesn't mather, played with wireless settnings, doesn't really mather. Just a couple of seconds and then back to 65.

I'm sorry if this doesn't fit in here, I got a RT-N66U Ver B1.
Wanted to report it, incase other DD-WRT users has it. Right now I run DD-WRT 3.X 21676 BIG.
Cantisque
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I decided to go ahead and try it, it seems to have worked but I can't connect to it through LAN (WLAN only).
It has 3 devices connected by LAN but DHCP is not giving them addresses and doesn't acknowledge they are there. The lights on the box are on, indicating they are plugged in.
I can find plenty of guides about installing DDWRT on this particular router but none on configuring it afterwards.
I used: dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx
So basically, no LAN connectivity, no WAN connectivity. Can reach GUI over WLAN and that's about it. Please help Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 125 of 169
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: