Paid help needed - advanced router setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
walktonorth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:25    Post subject: Paid help needed - advanced router setup Reply with quote
Hi all,

Newbie to DD-WRT, but fairly familiar with networking in general. I have the need for a reasonably advanced DD-WRT setup (at least I think it's advanced) but unfortunately I don't have the time to go searching through the forums to figure out how to get this setup working on DD-WRT. So I am happy to pay someone to walk me through the process, which I also see as potentially a good learning experience.

I have a managed switch which supports VLANs and 802.1q tagging, and I intend to segment the network based on VLANs. However, I need a router to route traffic between VLANs. This is where a DD-WRT router comes into play.

So, I need help on the following questions/points:

(i) Which router should I purchase to most easily accomplish all the requirements below.

(ii) The router needs at least four gigabit Ethernet ports which I can aggregate/bond into a single link connected to the switch (to maximise throughput between the switch and the router, since all intra-VLAN traffic will need to flow along this link). The switch supports LACP so I figure that will probably be these best bonding type.

(iii) Enable 802.1q tagging on the bonded link, so that all traffic flowing over that link is tagged.

(iv) Setup the router's DHCP server with a different DHCP scope for each VLAN. For example, a device on VLAN 20 should get 10.20.x.x, a device on VLAN 21 should get 10.21.x.x, etc.

(v) Provide me with samples of rules to allow/disallow communication between VLANs (e.g. so that I can have a "guest" VLAN which only allow internet connectivity but no communication with devices on my "protected" internal device VLAN).

(vi) The router needs to support 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload WAN.

(vii) Wireless is not a consideration as I would be disabling that on the router, as I am using dedicated access points connected to the switch.

If the above is possible (hopefully) and you are interested in helping out then please PM me with what you think is involved together with the cost for your time. Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: