Can't find ANY info on my router! Please help?

slm_FL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 17:43    Post subject: Can't find ANY info on my router! Please help? Reply with quote
I have read this forum, all the notices, scanned the router database, the incompatible devices list and all the wiki articles, but my router is nowhere to be found. So, sorry, but I didn't know which chipset forum to post in. Wondering if someone can help? I'm assuming maybe my router hasn't been tested yet, but is there a way to tell whether it will work or not?

This is all the info I have:

MediaLink Wireless-N router
Mode: MWN-APR150N
FCCID: XKPMWN-WAPR150N

I have input that ID into the fcc website, and the only thing that came up was a change in identification file, but it contains nothing about the chipset or any parts.

This is a data sheet I found on their website: http://www.medialinkproducts.com/docs/MWN-WAPR300N_DATA%20SHEET.pdf although this is for a 300N and mine is a 150N.

I purchased the router from Amazon.com just a few months ago because it got rave reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-802-11n-Internal-Antenna/dp/B0044YU60M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299519649&sr=8-1

Can anyone help me with a way to find out what I need to know, or find out if it is possible to use for dd-wrt? Thanks!
Sponsor
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
see router detection on the site.... Smile
slm_FL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did read the router detection on the site. It says to check the fcc website for the info, of which I stated it did not provide any info other than company information. I would prefer not to take the router apart if at all possible, which is why I posted here to see if anyone had any other ideas, could direct me to the correct information or knew anymore info about this particular router.

Is there something on that page that I missed?
pirateradio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have the same router and as the original poster mentioned was turned on to it because of the abnormally high rating it has on Amazon right now.

After reading some of the FCC documents I figured out the MWN-APR150N is actually a rebranded version of the Tenda W268R: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=262936&fcc_id='V7TW268R'

It says here that it's only a 2MB flash router so it will never work:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84471&highlight=w268r

However the schematic says: "3、 FLASH: U6 MXIC KH29LV320(160)CBTC-70G/MX29LV320(160)CBTC-70G 4(2)M Byte FLASH,used for store firmware and user`s setting"

Is that 2 4MB chips or just 2MB?
EvanCarroll
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
> Is that 2 4MB chips or just 2MB?

It's a 4 MB router, so possibly 2 2 MB chips? Not sure the notation and the site you linked is down.

Sounds like Medialink may even cooperate.

----
----OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM MEDIALINK
----

Hello from Medialink,

The Medialink MWN-WAPR150N is a unique router with 4MB flash memory, which is enough to support DD-WRT but no DD-WRT firmware has been designed for this router as of yet. There are many differences between this router and the router this customer is referring to. Due to some of the problems that are outlined in this review, it is not clear whether this router was defective or fully functional since the range noted is so short and some web pages would not load. These symptoms are not typical with the router in its natural state. If the unit was not returned already I would suggest contacting us for help with a replacement. We are available at 856-216-8222 Tues-Sat 9am to 6pm Eastern.

Thanks,
Medialink Customer Support
support@medialinkproducts.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: