Recovery from wrong flash WRT300N v1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
danrosh26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 23:29    Post subject: Recovery from wrong flash WRT300N v1.1 Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a Linksys WRT300N v1.1 Router. I tried upgrading from the official firmware to the DD-wrt firmware for a wireless mesh project in my school. I installed the DD-wrt firmware successfully. Yesterday, I tried flashing the dd-wrt.v24_micro_olsrd_generic.bin found on the router database (I recognize that I was a noob for doing this) because I needed the OLSR to show up on the advanced routing page on the DD-wrt WEBGUI and I did that through the DD-wrt webgui itself. Ever since I did that, following are the problems.

1) Router's webpage @ 192.168.1.1 doesnt open up anymore
2) Only two links are lit up (one is the power (steady light) and ethernet port through which Im connected to the computer); wireless light does not light up

I would really appreciate it if anyone can please help me recover the router to the original state.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try both wireless connections and LAN connection. You might be able to flash it back to proper firmware through one of those. Otherwise, see the peacock announcement note 6. You might need a serial cable.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
danrosh26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 17:14    Post subject: Re: Recovery from wrong flash WRT300N v1.1 Reply with quote
Hi,

The wireless link is not working (doesnt light up)

The ethernet however works but I need to set the static ip on my PC to 192.168.1.2 and default gateway as 192.168.1.1

When Im pinging the router @ 192.168.1.1, I'm getting request timed out response.

However, plugging the power cable while holding the reset button seems to be sending the router into some mode where in the power light goes off and I'm able to ping the router with TTL=100 response.

However, I tried TFTP with the factory firmware but its not successful.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! I dont want to let this router go down the drain
danrosh26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 18:02    Post subject: IT WORKED! Reply with quote
Guys,

After striving for three days, I have finally made it!!!

I just TFTPed the router at the right time by plugging the power cable while the reset button pressed and hitting upgrade on the TFTP tool

Thanks DD-wrt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: