DIR825 Ver B1 - Install does not complete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ToysoldierT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 18:18    Post subject: DIR825 Ver B1 - Install does not complete Reply with quote
Today I decided to convert my Dlink DIR825 router to DD-wrt. After reading all the instructions provided, the installation fails / stalls right after the 100% upload of the code to the router. I have tried it several times using both IE and Chrome browsers on 2 different PCs. Always fails.

Following is the exact router I have from DLINK:

Based on my router, following is the firmware I used:

The install instructions I followed was explicitly for the DIR825 provided on the site:

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825#Step-by-step_instructions_from_out-of-the-box_factory_firmware

I will admit that the first time I used the latest version of the DIR code Build 21061. But during one of the completed uploads I got a warning saying that the firmware uploaded had an invalid hw ID so I used the original basic DD-wrt version that was posted on the actual install page.

What happens every time is that right after the upload reaches 100%, the lan links drop to the PC but the router just sits there with a blinking orange power light. I waited 10 minutes. It does not do what the instruction say it will do under STEP 7:

7. Select the "factory-to-ddwrt_XX.bin" file you downloaded and click the Send button to flash your router. As the firmware is uploaded and installed you will see the screen start counting to 100 percent. The power light will remain out during this process. At 100% the power light the power light will flash yellow and the router will reboot. The router globe will be yellow, the power will be blue, the 2.4/5GHz will be flashing blue.

The good thing is that when I repower the router, it returns back to the originally working Dlink code.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Sponsor
dobs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use this file http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/dlink-dir825-revb/factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin + IE Browser

OCR Free Compare robot vacuum
ToysoldierT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggested link for a bin that might work for the DLink DIR825...

So from what you are pointing at, I should be using the WorldWide version of the dd-wrt vs the NA version? Even though I have a router that states it is a NA?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the router is a NA router use the NA build but try a different browser. Also disable any anti virus.
Mandelbrot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you get any chance to make your installation work ?

I have tried to install the DD-WRT firmware in mine and it shows exactly the same behavior.

My HWD ver is B1 and I have upgrade to the latest DLINK firmware.

Thanks for your suggestions.
gordread
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have exactly the same router as the OP, and Mandelbrot, and am experiencing exactly the same results.

I have tried the same versions of firmware as the OP as well.

I will try the version posted by dobs/Malachi tonight, as well as disabling anti-virus.

Please, if Mandelbrot or ToysoldierT have had any success, let me know.

Gordon
csick919
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a slightly different P/N, BIR825ANA....B1
But otherwise the same exact router, B1 Revision NA version of DIR-825. My Router currently has DLink firmware 2.0.7NA.
I am having the exact same issue as the OP.

I have tried using the Build 21061 version of the factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin as well as the NA version of the file Dobs posted (by changing the Link from WW to NA)

I've tried IE (I have version 10), Firefox (v20) and Chrome (v29) and in each case the progress count never displayed on the page no matter how long I wait.

I even tried using one of the DLink factory firmwares in the Firmware Upgrade screen and that didn't seem to work either. I wonder if the Firmware Upgrade System doesn't work on the NA versions of our router. Mine says it is version 1.0.0.2

Is there an alternative utility we can use to flash DD-WRT on our routers?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could try flashing using the emergency room. Googl d-link emergency room or recovery room.

Edit: here http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0

I had to boot my pc into safe boot with networking for it to work otherwise the status bar never progressed. Maybe you can flash through the GUI in safe mode with networking, never thought of that till just now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
youre supposed to flash with the emergency rom anyway in the first place...

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Bitsnbytes217
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I spent hours banging my head against this. I was running stock firmware 2.02 on Rev b2 NA. In desperation I upgraded to stock firmware 2.05 and tried applying the ddwrt firmware directly from the regular dlink settings page (not the emergency flash after 30/30/30 reset) in the firmware tab,and it finally worked. In case this ever helps anyone in the future.
Muttontop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 17:39    Post subject: DIR825 Ver B1 - Install does not complete Reply with quote
Hi
I'm having very similar problems only I get a "problem loading page" after I've hit the send button. I've upgraded the base D-Link firmware to 2.06EUB01, I've downloaded the ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/dlink-dir825-revb/factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin file with both Firefox and IE. Ive tried to access http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/dlink-dir825-revb/factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin as suggested by dobs in both IE and Firefox but both won't load the page. I've tried starting in safe network mode but then could not alter the network adaptor (no settings came up in the properties, perhaps I should have changed them BEFORE i went into safe mode!). The only 2 things I've not done is the emergency ROM flash suggested by tatsuya46, mainly because I'm not sure where to find the firmware he's suggesting. And I've not tried Bitsnbytes217 suggestion as again it's not clear where the "regular dlink settings page" is. Not sure whether or not I'm being stupid but I've followed the installation instructions at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825 to the letter along with most of the other suggestions contained in this thread. Having spent the best part of today trying to install DD-WRT I'm getting a bit desperate, please help('Crying or Very sad')
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
google dlink emergency rom/tftp.. or look at the ddwrt wiki for dir-825..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Muttontop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:27    Post subject: DIR825 Ver B1 - Install does not complete Reply with quote
Hi tatsuya46, sorry if this sounds a bit basic or stupid but can I flash the factory-to-ddwrt_ww.bin direct from the D-Link Recovery Mode page or is it a case of flashing the D-Link stock firmware from this page and then following the instructions in the Wiki for the 825 Confused? I have both the factory-to-DDWRT and stock D-Link files downloaded on my PC.
By the way I have the B2 version but I don't think this is the issue here as both use the same factory-to-ddwrt_ww.bin files.
Bitsnbytes217
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 19:39    Post subject: Re: DIR825 Ver B1 - Install does not complete Reply with quote
Muttontop wrote:
Hi
I'm having very similar problems only I get a "problem loading page" after I've hit the send button. I've upgraded the base D-Link firmware to 2.06EUB01, I've downloaded the ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/dlink-dir825-revb/factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin file with both Firefox and IE. Ive tried to access http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/dlink-dir825-revb/factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin as suggested by dobs in both IE and Firefox but both won't load the page. I've tried starting in safe network mode but then could not alter the network adaptor (no settings came up in the properties, perhaps I should have changed them BEFORE i went into safe mode!). The only 2 things I've not done is the emergency ROM flash suggested by tatsuya46, mainly because I'm not sure where to find the firmware he's suggesting. And I've not tried Bitsnbytes217 suggestion as again it's not clear where the "regular dlink settings page" is. Not sure whether or not I'm being stupid but I've followed the installation instructions at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825 to the letter along with most of the other suggestions contained in this thread. Having spent the best part of today trying to install DD-WRT I'm getting a bit desperate, please help('Crying or Very sad')

Apologies for being unclear, when I said "regular dlink settings page" I meant to say put your gateway IP into your browser and go to the dlink settings, click into the tools tab and then the firmware tab on the left hand side. There you can select the DDWRT firmware file, upload it, and pray to whatever god you may or may not believe in.

Good luck to all

P.S I currently have my DIR-825 running DDWRT SP2 using the 5ghz band as a wireless client to my main router, and the 2.4 band to spit it back out as a repeater. So keep trying, your perseverance will prevail.
Muttontop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote
Hi
Thanks all for all your help. During a long search of all the forum topics regarding this router I found the following from hellbringer:

"Method is pretty simple:
1. Press and hold the reset button until the power LED starts blinking (usually takes around 45 seconds)
2. Set your computer’s IP to anything but 192.168.0.1 in the 192.168.0.0/24 range. (192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, etc)
3. Browse to http://192.168.0.1, make sure you use Internet Explorer or Chromium here. From my experience Firefox doesn’t work.
4. Upload the factory-to-ddwrt_WW.bin image
5. Don’t be scared if the flash stops while progress is still under 100% and the box goes offline. That usually means the flash is done anyway.
6. Power cycle your box and telnet to it on IP 192.168.1.1

Credits to Felix Kaechele"

I followed this exactly and it worked, I now have DD-WRT installed on my router! I think this method should be included in the Wiki page for this router. Anybody know how this can be done officially?
Thanks
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: