Wireless Transmit Appears To Have Stopped. :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cbeatti2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 17:21    Post subject: Wireless Transmit Appears To Have Stopped. :-( Reply with quote
Hi guys

I have a Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini (SVN revision 13064), and it has been working wonderfully for the last couple years. Yesterday I had to unplug the router to change the outlet location and since then the wireless functionality has not worked. I can use the Wiviz survey to see other wireless devices and the site survey provides the other local sites but my transmit seems to be non-existent.

Wireless Packet Info

Received (RX) 100% 0 OK, no error
Transmitted (TX) 0% 0 OK, 490 errors

I have tied numerous things including reloading the config file, turning wireless off and on, changing transmit powers, rebooting (obviously), etc. I have 5 or so wireless devices in my home and all cannot even see the SSID (which is turned on). The wired LAN/WAN works fine. Maybe the router is just pooched but I was wondering if there is anything I am missing.

Any ideas on what I can try next? Thanks.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Few things you may try here...

A different power supply.

Upgrade your build. The announcements in the broadcom section of the forum should provide the info needed.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
cbeatti2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had looked through the versions and I still had the recommended version from what i can tell but...when looking through the peacock announcement in the broadcom section I noticed this:

"Please note that WPA2-AES is the only security type that works reliably with DD-wrt."

So I checked my router and it had reverted to TKIP. When I tried to switch it to AES and clicked "apply settings" it kept reverting back to TKIP, so I clicked "save" and it stuck with AES....and the wireless started to work immediately. This is probably a known bug (how the apply setting doesn't always work in the section) but it's new to me. Anyways the wireless is working now...thank for steering me in the right direction!
linenoise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 19:58    Post subject: Suddenly getting 100% wireless failure rate on dd-wrt router Reply with quote
Thanks for the solution cbeatti2. After rebooting the router I completely lost the wireless connection. I thought I needed a new router and I didn't even notice that the security had defaulted to TKIP after rebooting the router. After I changed to your fix it came right back up. Thanks.

Sam B

========================================
http://right-handed-monkey.blogspot.com/
========================================

cbeatti2 wrote:
I had looked through the versions and I still had the recommended version from what i can tell but...when looking through the broadcom section I noticed this:

"Please note that WPA2-AES is the only security type that works reliably with DD-wrt."

So I checked my router and it had reverted to TKIP. When I tried to switch it to AES and clicked "apply settings" it kept reverting back to TKIP, so I clicked "save" and it stuck with AES....and the wireless started to work immediately. This is probably a known bug (how the apply setting doesn't always work in the section) but it's new to me. Anyways the wireless is working now...thank for steering me in the right direction!
Crenel84
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a quick note of thanks, as switching to AES brought my wireless access back to life. Was also thinking I needed a new router. FWIW, TKIP+AES also didn't seem to work, in addition to TKIP alone not working, although I was pretty sure I had it set to TKIP+AES before. Anyway, it's working, and I'm relieved. Thanks for sharing this info!
Very Happy
xnok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 15:05    Post subject: Wireless stops working after a firmware upgrade Reply with quote
This thread saved my bacon. Thank you!

TKIP and TKIP+AES do not seem to work even in the latest builds, I just upgraded to 23838. Setting the wireless security to AES immediately fixed the problem.
quincey4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
This worked for me to but I had to do it twice.
Changed back to AES and clicked "Save" without ever clicking "Apply Settings". Still couldn't see the SSID on my wireless devices, so I went back and clicked "Apply Settings" also. After the screen refresh I noticed the algorithm had reverted to TKIP again. So I again selected AES and clicked "Save" and it worked.

Not ruling out user error...
der-daniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

thank you very much for the topic.
I just had the same issue and you made my day.
Had to try switching between TKIP and AES multiple times and it seemes that you should be patient for a minute or two, but after all, my wifi is back up.

Thank again.
Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: