XLink Kai don't work on DD-WRT v24 beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
0rion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 18:40    Post subject: XLink Kai don't work on DD-WRT v24 beta Reply with quote
Like in subject...latest build dd-wrt.v24_wrt54g.bin - 06/04/2007. When I turn on Kai support, nothing is happened. There is no kaid process in memory. Manual start with kaid -d -c /tmp/kaid.config give error:
Code:
kaid: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6'

Older release (31/03/2007) have the same problem. Is it bug or my fault ?!
I think kaid binary is broken, because old executable transfered into new DD-WRT is working OK.
Sponsor
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Confirmed, same problem and error here. Even occurs just with a basic kaid version check, kaid -V. I've opened ticket ID 2361 (http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=2361) in the Mantis bugtracker for this problem.

I noticed the new kaid options in the web gui as well, and I have a suggestion in this area. While it is convinient to be able to populate the user ID and password fields right in the gui I currently have been controlling this with the XBMC client. These settings should be tied to the AutoLogin parm. Suggestion would be to add a check box for auto login. If unchecked AutoLogin in kaid.conf will be set to 0. If checked then in kaid.conf AutoLogin will be set to 1 and the Username and Password parms get populated with the strings entered into the gui. If need be I will open a feature enhancement request for this suggestion.

-Pow
magicman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
So which is the most recent version that works?
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as the v24 betas go, the last one I can confirm was the March 5th build. Later builds may have been working, this is just the last one that I know I used kaid with. Curious... anyone know if this is working in the v23 SP3 beta? The last kaid problem (libpcap issue I think) was consistent across both versions. Wondering if this libstdc++.so.6 error does as well.

-Pow
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
While I wasn't expecting anything to have changed since the bug ticket hasn't received any updates, I just tried the April 16th release. Problem still exists, same error.

-Pow
magicman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
March 19th works fine...
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tried the 4/20 build, still getting the libstdc++.so.6 error.

-Pow
Kalonji25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I having the same problem with the lastest build of dd-wrt and kiad.
Is this a problem with the firmware, or its a problem with the login?
I don't see the purpose of entering you login info twice, once in the router, and the second time in xbmc... what's the purpose of that ?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kalonji25 wrote:
I having the same problem with the lastest build of dd-wrt and kiad.
Is this a problem with the firmware, or its a problem with the login?
I don't see the purpose of entering you login info twice, once in the router, and the second time in xbmc... what's the purpose of that ?

Firmware not the login. The March 19th version has the login as well but works fine.

Magicman
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kalonji25 wrote:

"to make life easer..." according to the kaid.conf notes. I think there is the ability to run the UI without having login credentials entered in the UI itself and that is why this exists? Maybe the Avalaunch control was like that? But yeah, for me it always worked fine using the login via XBMC.

-Pow
Kalonji25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I have to wait for the next release, to see if it resolve our problems with kai.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
4/25 build, libstdc++.so.6 error
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
4/30 build, error remains. Confirmed existing in both v24 and v23 SP3 builds from this day.

I've gone into TRAC and done a scan through the changes since 03/19, nothing jumped out at me as a source of the error but then again I probably wouldn't know a problem source if it bit me on the backside. From the changes that were made for the new options available in the GUI it didn't look like there was anything so involved as to create this error.

-Pow
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm sitting on this problem right now. i will fix it today

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks BS, I'll try and confirm in both the v24 and v23 SP3 betas as soon as I get home tonight. I assume this fix is in the 2007-0514 builds posted earlier today? Can't access the TRAC db right now to check (port blocking @ my office I guess) but I'm hoping this was a simple fix?

-Pow
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: