Is Linksys ea6900 supported for ddwrt firmware?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
gh1967
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:54    Post subject: Is Linksys ea6900 supported for ddwrt firmware? Reply with quote
I just bought this new router and was wondering if a new firmware update is available that i can use...
Sponsor
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
no firmware yet. the devs need some router donations to get those done.

ive been trying to get them an EA6300 but no luck on my side so far.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
gh1967
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:15    Post subject: Bugger! Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Lets hope it becomes avaiable soon...
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
or you could speed things up by buying another EA6900 and donating it to one of the devs.

im pretty sure that would benefit for allot of people here.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
azaccaria
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just acquired a Linksys EA6900 and was looking for firmware to install on it, considering that the original one from Belkin is crippled in many ways. The idea is to replace an existing WRT54GL/WAP54G (WDS) already running Tomato/DD-WRT for a few years now.

Is DD-WRT compatible with it? Any chances of bricking the router if I install any of the available versions (including the one for RT-AC68U, mentioned in one of the threads)?

BrainSlayer, <Kong> and Fractal,

Similarly to what I offered to Victek (Tomato RAF), are you interested in porting it if you had your hands on one of those (Linksys EA6900 or any one that will help make it available to that line)?

If you do, here is the thing: donating the router I currently have would cost me more on S&H than the price of the device itself.

In case cash donation is then the way to go, as Victek suggested in one of his posts at linksysinfo.org, I could contribute with a small amount and other people with the same goal could contribute as well, so we can get this going. He also suggested to wait until after Xmas, when prices will surely drop.

Please advise.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
azaccaria wrote:
I've just acquired a Linksys EA6900 and was looking for firmware to install on it, considering that the original one from Belkin is crippled in many ways. The idea is to replace an existing WRT54GL/WAP54G (WDS) already running Tomato/DD-WRT for a few years now.

Is DD-WRT compatible with it? Any chances of bricking the router if I install any of the available versions (including the one for RT-AC68U, mentioned in one of the threads)?

Althouh in general the base is there it is very unlikely, that the EA6900 will work without a few adjustments. Netgear, Linksys and D-Link always need a few more changes in order to work.

Quote:

BrainSlayer, <Kong> and Fractal,

Similarly to what I offered to Victek (Tomato RAF), are you interested in porting it if you had your hands on one of those (Linksys EA6900 or any one that will help make it available to that line)?

If you do, here is the thing: donating the router I currently have would cost me more on S&H than the price of the device itself.

In case cash donation is then the way to go, as Victek suggested in one of his posts at linksysinfo.org, I could contribute with a small amount and other people with the same goal could contribute as well, so we can get this going. He also suggested to wait until after Xmas, when prices will surely drop.

Please advise.

Problem: as long as these units are not sold in the EU it is difficult to receive them. Last time two units were sent to us and one got stuck at customs and had to be sent back. They did not allow import because the Power supply did not have an CE sign on it. This is really stupid as you spent a lot of time with customs. What I prefer is, if I receive units within the EU, e.g. some OEM sends his units to German office and from there I get it. Painless for me.

Thus it is difficult for me to get my hands on this unit. Supporting the unit will be easy, with our current codebase I estimate one evening to be able to do the first flash and one or two days to add support for leds buttons etc.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am stateside and can pick up one of these units at walmart.. However that being said these devices are over $200USD I would like to know there is significant interest. Once I have the device I should be able to serial it and get the correct GPIO's and cpu/meminfo so kong can commit to svn.

-Fractal
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay its working on my table now. but i need a dump of the original linksys nvram (not just cfe, the whole one) since i messed up some factory data which isnt stored in the dd-wrt defaults. a simple nvram show from cfe console is enough

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
okay its working on my table now. but i need a dump of the original linksys nvram (not just cfe, the whole one) since i messed up some factory data which isnt stored in the dd-wrt defaults. a simple nvram show from cfe console is enough

sounds good here is the nvram dump source for the ea6900... Also could you build a ea2700 bin that is under 18mb, cannot flash the ea2700 bins do to cfe and firmware complaining about the bin being to large.

Code:

Removed useless code

headers.bin
 Description:
CFE headers

Download
 Filename:  headers.bin
 Filesize:  2.2 MB
 Downloaded:  3122 Time(s)

Last edited by Fractal on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:58; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
this isnt a dump. this is just /etc/system_nvram_defaults

what i need is "nvram show" and not the content if that file which i already know.
a backup of /etc/mtdblock1 would work as well

since it contains the required data at the very end of that flash block. the data i'm seeking for is nowhere alse stored than in the nvram partition

so "strings /dev/mtdblock1" would help as well. use any way which works for you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

what i need is "nvram show" and not the content if that file which i already know.

since it contains the required data at the very end of that flash block. the data i'm seeking for is nowhere alse stored than in the nvram partition

ok,

The info about was given to me by someone that serial'd there router before, I will try to pick one up after work and get a serial dump of the nvram.

-Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

can you post a picture of the serial port on the device, I have one in my hands and can take picture inside if needed.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you need the pin layout?

v+, none, tx, none,rx,gnd

the white connector on the board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
do you need the pin layout?

v+, none, tx, none,rx,gnd

the white connector on the board

perfect, no soldering needed, the white connector on board will do... I will have dump in a few minutes.

-Fractal
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
60 minutes later ?

Navigation

Jump to: