Verizon Actiontec MI424-WR Rev D, build 21061/v24preSP2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
whatnoway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 22:09    Post subject: Verizon Actiontec MI424-WR Rev D, build 21061/v24preSP2. Reply with quote
Just followed the wiki page to install ddwrt on a Rev D device. Its an old but direct from Verizon router.

Only issue i had was redboot telnet does NOT work on LAN, it has to be on WAN. Its not switched for some reason on my rev D device.

Which gets to my real problem. Everything seems to work, wireless,...

However, when i try to bring the WAN interface, the router becomes unreachable, including after reboot. So i cant see any logs.

Could not find info on this. Ive already tried the port switch mentioned(on and off) and playing with MAC addresses in redboot+reset(incase i got it wrong).

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
the is an instruction on the wiki article for this prob
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 19:25    Post subject: Re: Verizon Actiontec MI424-WR Rev D, build 21061/v24preSP2. Reply with quote
Don't know if you found the answer or not & since the other response wasn't any help, I thought you might not have seen this when you did your install since I had this same problem until I performed this:

Rev D Configure Wan Port Select

As the LAN & WAN ports assignments are reversed on Rev D you need to Log into DD-WRT. Go to Setup, sub-menu Networking, Port setup, and change the Wan port assignment to ixp1 for your wan connection to function.

It's on page: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/MI424WR

whatnoway wrote:
Just followed the wiki page to install ddwrt on a Rev D device. Its an old but direct from Verizon router.

Only issue i had was redboot telnet does NOT work on LAN, it has to be on WAN. Its not switched for some reason on my rev D device.

Which gets to my real problem. Everything seems to work, wireless,...

However, when i try to bring the WAN interface, the router becomes unreachable, including after reboot. So i cant see any logs.

Could not find info on this. Ive already tried the port switch mentioned(on and off) and playing with MAC addresses in redboot+reset(incase i got it wrong).

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: