WNR2000v3 - Wired devices not seeing each other

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Rockstaru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 21:33    Post subject: WNR2000v3 - Wired devices not seeing each other Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I installed DD-WRT on my router back in February or March of this year because I wanted to play around with it, and I liked having all of the expanded options (even if I didn't use a lot of them). Back then the only wired device was my printer, and it worked perfectly printing from all the wireless devices.

Since then I've moved into a new place, and unfortunately the router doesn't quite reach my room at the back of the house. Fortunately, a powerline adapter worked just fine and gives me normal wired speeds. However, I've noticed an interesting problem--at first I had both my printer and computer plugged in via two of the wired ports, and I was unable to print. My roommate was able to print wirelessly from his mac. No problem--I just moved the printer into my room and connected it over USB, and shared the printer so my roommate could print to it if he needed to. However, we just bought a new TV, and I like to stream some of my movies to it from my computer. The TV can stream from the computer just fine when the TV is connected over wifi, but occasionally stutters on HD content, so I bought a long ethernet cable to connect it directly to the router only to run into the aforementioned problem with wired devices not seeing each other. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: