Super slowdown with buffalo router with DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
siciliano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 15:29    Post subject: Super slowdown with buffalo router with DD-WRT Reply with quote
I have the WHRG54S router and flashed it with V23 2 weeks ago when I bought the router. It worked perfectly and I was getting better speeds than ever before, but just yesterday I noticed the speed is VERY slow (600-900 kbps) instead of the usual 3-4 mbps. I noticed that when I plug the cable modem directly into the pc it is fast as hell like usual. When I reset my router and the connection it works fast for like 2 minutes and then drops back down to the slowdown. Any clue how to fix this or what is wrong?
Sponsor
siciliano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I even did the solutions from the wiki for "Router Slowdown", to no avail
bnahill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 17:54    Post subject: You are not alone Reply with quote
Huh, I thought I was the only person with that problem. I have the same router but a slower connection so it actually becomes intolerable when it's being slow. I'm about to just go back to the stock firmware because it's so bad. I can't quite pinpoint what seems to trigger it since we often have a good connection for as much as a few hours. One thing that I notice is that when the router hits crap-mode, the router's web interface is also heinously (timeout sometime) slow.

Does your problem match this? If so, let me know if it ever gets resolved. I'll do the same.

Would it be of any use to try getting openwrt going instead?

I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S running DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std - build 3932
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: