E4200 Dropped connections after power loss or reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mikew_nt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 20:52    Post subject: E4200 Dropped connections after power loss or reboot Reply with quote
I spent the weekend Googling and searching the DDWRT archives, but could not find this issue, so please forgive the noob question.

I have a E4200v1 that I got on refurb a year ago maybe and set it aside until my existing router died recently. I flashed the trailed mini build (18777)as recommended on the wiki, and kept it because my needs are simple.

I'm running only the 2.4ghz radio, in mixed mode for b/g/n clients with WPA2/AES and a virtual interface in WEP/128 for a few old devices.

The E4200 worked great until I had a power loss. After the power loss I would get dropped connections on my PCs. I tried rebooting and other troubleshooting, the only thing I found to work was to do a 30-30-30 and reconfigure from scratch (I've seen other connection issues reported on stock cleared the same way).

I had another power loss last week (winter!) and tried various combinations of rebooting, 30-30-30 w/ reload of config, etc. Even the 30-30-30 with reload of config doesn't work because after the router reboots from the config load, connections start dropping again.

The connections will continue to drop randomly until I 30-30-30 and manually reconfigure.

The ONLY thing that seems to work after a reboot or power loss is to 30-30-30 and then manually reconfigure. It works perfect until the next power loss or reboot.

Has anyone seen this?

How can I fix this?

Is it a HW problem?
(hope not, it's a refurb way out of return period)

Will a newer build fix it?
Brainslayer? Fractal? Kong?

I'm not doing anything odd on this. All I'm configuring are those two interfaces and not running any other non-default options or services.

Any help appreciated!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: