EA6900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
its supported on my table and will be uploaded tomorrow or saturday
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
veritas wrote:
Any additional news on this front? Would love to buy the router, but won't unless DD-wrt is going to be supported.

yes dd-wrt is going to be supported, brainslayer is finishing final commits to svn, and hopefully will have a test bin soon.

-Fractal
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
the test bin is very close to yours. so not much differences. you can already test it using your binary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
the test bin is very close to yours. so not much differences. you can already test it using your binary

Sounds good, will do, I assume I can clear nvram and proceed? or is there settings you may still need?

Also was wondering if it would be possible to compile USB AP support to support the 5ghz radio on the e2500/e3200/ and ea2700

These use the: Broadcom BCM43236

Uses the wl_high driver

-Fractal
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope i will not support these shitty usb implemenations. no station support possible and i also have not any access to the full drivers. just some parts. these device may rest in peace in a dumphole of shit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any update on this?
Download link for it?
adonisd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
joshuairl wrote:
Any update on this?
Download link for it?

There's a beta with release: linksys-ea6900 build 23194 20131222 however I found no info on it and haven't tried it yet.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads

You can find it if you go to the main website -> Support -> Other Downloads -> betas -> 2013 -> 12-22-2013-r23194 -> linksys-ea6900

I just bought mine today. Still undecided if I should keep my stock or revert to dd-wrt. Let me know if you try it and if you find any bugs please
joshuairl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
adonisd wrote:
joshuairl wrote:
Any update on this?
Download link for it?

There's a beta with release: linksys-ea6900 build 23194 20131222 however I found no info on it and haven't tried it yet.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads

You can find it if you go to the main website -> Support -> Other Downloads -> betas -> 2013 -> 12-22-2013-r23194 -> linksys-ea6900

I just bought mine today. Still undecided if I should keep my stock or revert to dd-wrt. Let me know if you try it and if you find any bugs please

Already tried all the builds.
I suggest you stick with stock firmware for awhile if you want to use this as your main router.

If you have a diff one to use and just feel like testing then go for it.
papaez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trying betas/2014/05-27-2014-r24160/linksys-ea6900/linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin.

Will update soon with feedback
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
How did you make out with this ?
Nephatiu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, any news on this yet?

I kinda find the default AE6900 menu limited to say the least. And their Parental Control function (which I desperately needed crashed after 2 days and won't work anymore.
Something about some error 2118 with resetting it to factory settings as the only solution I find online. Since I just finished setting all the settings I need, it seems a bit over the top that I will have to start anew, and it would seem all to probable to me that the same problem will come back after I redo what I did. (Which wasn't anything I shouldn't have done, so...)

Some said to take a backup, restore to factory and then restore backup, but once I restore the backed up settings, the same problem recurs, and after reflashing the same firmware over the current one, nothing changed either...

Hmmm,... This post just got too long and off-track, so...

Any news on the latest EA6900 DD-WRT beta and what bugs it has? ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu
cdzo72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:27    Post subject: Advice on wiring for fan Reply with quote
Good evening to all. I know this is not the place for this but I've looked all over and can't find what I need so this is my last resort.

I want to install a couple of 40mm fans in my 6900 (they only draw .1 amps each) because it seems like it gets scalding hot and I haven't even connected it as my main router.

If anyone has links to wiring diagrams for the EA6900 (I also have an E3000, E4200, EA2700 and EA6200 that I would like to add fans to) I would greatly appreciate it.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:59    Post subject: Re: Advice on wiring for fan Reply with quote
cdzo72 wrote:
Good evening to all. I know this is not the place for this but I've looked all over and can't find what I need so this is my last resort.

I want to install a couple of 40mm fans in my 6900 (they only draw .1 amps each) because it seems like it gets scalding hot and I haven't even connected it as my main router.

If anyone has links to wiring diagrams for the EA6900 (I also have an E3000, E4200, EA2700 and EA6200 that I would like to add fans to) I would greatly appreciate it.

You can keep it simple and removable by adding external fans via USB (you only need appropriate use cable adapter, easy to find even on eBay). I've done it with my Asus RT-AC68U with very satisfying results.
cdzo72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06    Post subject: Re: Advice on wiring for fan Reply with quote
ivanhoe wrote:
cdzo72 wrote:

You can keep it simple and removable by adding external fans via USB (you only need appropriate use cable adapter, easy to find even on eBay). I've done it with my Asus RT-AC68U with very satisfying results.

Thanks ivanhoe for your reply but that's really not what I'm looking for. I want the fans internal, makes for a much cleaner look. Nor do I want to rob one of the USB ports since I'm probably gonna use both.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Re: Advice on wiring for fan Reply with quote
cdzo72 wrote:
ivanhoe wrote:

Thanks ivanhoe for your reply but that's really not what I'm looking for. I want the fans internal, makes for a much cleaner look. Nor do I want to rob one of the USB ports since I'm probably gonna use both.

I understand your point, you know better the use you want to make of the device. As for the USB, I personally managed to get an old unused USB 2.0 hub which accepts an external power supply, and attached 3 cooling fans (one is the cooling pad of my laptop, a fan for the ASUS and a fan for my ZyWALL). All of them are served with less than 2W/h and I don't rob neither ports nor constant energy from my devices. But, of course, this is just the technical aspect of it. Appearance (internal vs external fans) are subjective preferences.

Have a good Sunday !
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: