Multiple Wireless Lans and Mac filtering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
shinji257
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:31    Post subject: Multiple Wireless Lans and Mac filtering Reply with quote
This is an interesting scenario that I would like to be able to do.

2 Wireless Lan SSID's. Both coming from one router with one internet connection. SSID's are obviously fake. One is used for my primary internet connection and is secured via WPA2 TKIP+AES. The other is for Nintendo DS usage only and is unsecured. However it is Mac filtered for Nintendo DS units. Nintendo DS units start with mac address 00:19:FD. I would like this to be wildcard (i.e. all Nintendo DS units starting with that mac) if possible but I can also add units on an as needed basis (i.e. it is filtered to only my unit initially).

Primary WLAN:

SSID: Encrypted
Encryption: WPA2 TKIP+AES
Passphrase: (hidden) -- 12 char

First Virtual WLAN:

SSID: Open
Encryption: None

I can get the 2 SSID's to be broadcast. My laptop saw both of them however my Nintendo DS only sees the primary one. I even tried to input the virtual ssid manually. At the moment I have only one WLAN in place with WEP 64-bit being used. I live out in the middle of no where so security isn't really a concern and if they do access the network then they will be accessing a very slow dialup connection.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: