Flashing a WRT54G version 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
frater
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:26    Post subject: Flashing a WRT54G version 5 Reply with quote
My girlfriend has a conventional setup with a Linksys WRT54G v2.1 and a computer with a wireless-B card in it. She also has a 2nd computer with a Wireless-B card.

Because she sometimes loses the connection with the main router and the connection speed isn't that high when she does have link, I advised her to buy a 2nd router and make a WDS-link. I think this will help her, but she herself isn't that confident about it.

That's the reason why I'm now in search of a cheap 2nd-hand router. At the moment I can buy a version 5 router. I believe it only runs the micro-version.
I want to know if the install process is tricky and should better keep looking for another version.... Furthermore I want to know if this link: http://www.bitsum.com/openwiking/owbase/ow.asp?WRT54G5%5FCFE#h9 is the latest and the greatest. For what I believe there's no soldering required (I have no real problem with that, but still prefer to leave it if the outcome will be the same)

Anyone can give me hints about it?

Asterisk, pixelserv & Pound running on router
Another Asus RT16N as WDS-bridge

DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 12/16/10 (SVN revision: 15758M)
Sponsor
teclis22
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
ALoah !

I used the link you mentioned a while ago with my GF when we flashed her two V5 routers.

Its a bit fiddly but by no means hard. We had only used the two routers in bridged mode, so i cant comment how they work in wds.

regards

tec

1x Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N in Reserve (still looking for that on ebay)

all units running DD-WRT v3.0-r44187 std
slimey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
It shouldn't be any problem getting it to work and have it do WDS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: