Default Username/Password - V24 - BETA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
v8-Sandman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:04    Post subject: Default Username/Password - V24 - BETA Reply with quote
I've just flashed my WRT54GSv4 with dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt54gsv4.bin.

Every seemed to go fine. And now my router boots up and shows the DD-WRT interface but when i go to enter the Admin page (to upgrade to the full version of WRT) I am prompted for the username/password.

Everything I have read says the username/password for WRT is root/admin, and yet this does not work. All the Wikis and everything else I ahve been able to find all says root/admin for the newer WRT versions.

Has there been a change in the WRT default username/password for V24 - BETA??

If so....what is it?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Restore to defaults (30s press reset). Then it will be root/admin.
v8-Sandman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:18    Post subject: Success!!! Reply with quote
A quick report for anyone who is interested:

The UserName/Password problem has been resolved. Although I did not read about this in ANY of the documentation...

Even after flashing to the mini version, then flashing up to the full version (WRT54GSv4) and rebooting a couple of times, the router REMEMBERED its original Password but changed the username!!!

So prior to flashing the combination was admin/mypassword and after flashing, the combination was root/mypassword.

From my point of view everything went faultlessly (apart from the password hickup).

I am now running a Wireless repeater!

I am sharing an internet connection with the guys in a flat one floor below me, and one across (with their knowledge). But I could only get connenction from one corner of my flat.

Now I have the Linksys DD-WRT configured with V24 BETA as a wireless repeater, so it sits in the corner of my flat and distributes to my subnet all over my flat.

GREAT RESULT!! Very Happy

Thanks

Sandman
Massy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a very old post, but I recently had the same problem, so it might help someone. In my case, the default combination didn't work either, but it was admin/myoldpassword that worked! So thank you, Sandman from all those years ago, you really helped me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: