DLink DIR-615 D2 (VM supplied) Power LED stays orange.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
adyclemo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 22:40    Post subject: DLink DIR-615 D2 (VM supplied) Power LED stays orange. Reply with quote
A few months ago i flashed this router with DDWRT and it worked a treat, latency when gaming came down to below 100 on average, excellent.

Anyway i had no iternet the other day and decided the router was at fault both lan and wireless was not getting through but the WAN light was on showing a internet connection. Reset the router and still no internet. Reset the router back to factory settings and hey presto, then 10 mins it went again.

Thought the firnware may be corrupt so i reflashed it. Upon reboot the power light stayed lit up orange with no other lights on. I left it for 15 mins but it stayed the same. I cannot get a ping from it unless i connect to the WAN port. If i power the router up with the reset button held in the power LED flashes. I then get a ip assigned of 169.254.59.255 from any of the LAN and WAN ports.

Is it dead or can i revive it i much prefer this router to the Netgear WNR2000 that has ben sent in place by Virgin Media.

Many Thanks
Ady
Sponsor
Skello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, download the latest build from here: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/03-17-11-r16454/dlink-dir615d/dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

Second, access the router's emergency room interface. To do this, follow these steps and if the upload fails try using an older version of Internet Explorer.

1. Unplug the router's power cord and wait 20 seconds.
2. Get a pin, push the RESET button and KEEP IT PRESSED.
3. Connect the power cord back (while still keeping the reset button pressed)
4. Keep the reset button pressed for an additional 5 seconds after connecting power cord and then release. 5. At this point you should see the power button blinking orange.
6. Connect over a WIRED connection to the router (a LAN port) and set your network adapter IP MANUALLY to 192.168.0.2
7. Open http://192.168.0.1 in a browser. You should see a white page with a Browse and Upload button.

After a successful flash the router should reboot and its power button should turn to green. At this point set your network adapter to automatically detect IP and access: http://192.168.1.1 in the browser (that's *.1.1 at the end).
adyclemo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Superb thank you very much. Took about 4 attempts but im backup and running.

Thank you.
mr.ukas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skello wrote:

6. Connect over a WIRED connection to the router (a LAN port) and set your network adapter IP MANUALLY to 192.168.0.2

Hey, hopefully this thread isn't too old for an answer.

Which IP do I have to set to 192.168.02?
- the "IPv4 adresse" or the "standartgateaway"
What number should I take as DNS-Server?

The automatic settings are
IPv4: 172.16.0.103
Standartgateaway: 172.16.0.1

Thanks alot
Markus
I am using Windows7.
sska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skello wrote:

1. Unplug the router's power cord and wait 20 seconds.
2. Get a pin, push the RESET button and KEEP IT PRESSED.
3. Connect the power cord back (while still keeping the reset button pressed)
4. Keep the reset button pressed for an additional 5 seconds after connecting power cord and then release. 5. At this point you should see the power button blinking orange.
7. Open http://192.168.0.1 in a browser. You should see a white page with a Browse and Upload button.

ooohh!!! thx a lot!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: