DDWRT v24 SP2 DIR 615 D4 bricked? [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Jimi20
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:33    Post subject: DDWRT v24 SP2 DIR 615 D4 bricked? [SOLVED] Reply with quote
Hi all,

Been banging my head against a wall for a week now:

I have two DIR 615 D4's both came preinstalled with V24 SP2 and i was able to login at 192.168.1.1 and changed the login credentials.

I setup one of them as a repeater bridge for my Belkin Wireless G and it worked in as much as i could see the SSID, i could connect to it but it always showed up as "Unidentified Network - No Internet Access"

So, i unplugged the ethernet cables and did a 30/30/30 reset, hooked it up to my main computer and attempted to login to 192.168.1.1 and it won't connect. I tried the IP it was changed to (192.168.2.6) and no dice. I tried to telnet to both IPs to clear the NVRAM that way but that doesn't connect either.

I attempted the same with the second Dir 615 and the EXACT same issue has occurred, now both of them (following multiple 30/30/30 resets done to a stopwatch for accuracy) have an amber internet light, a green LAN light and a constantly blinking amber power light.

I am at my wits end with this i have spent the last week Googling the issue and only find references to the 30/30/30 reset which in my case is not working.. can anyone offer a solution here please? I am unable to find any mention of this exact issue on the forums or anywhere else on the internet Sad

Thanks all
Jim

EDIT: After another couple of hours of tinkering, and being absolutely certain i had the settings correct in the DDWRT settings, i swapped out the primary Belkin router with another model exactly the same, set it up with a different SSID and then reconfigured the settings in DDWRT for the repeater bridge and it worked right away, so it appears my fault was with the original Belkin.

However, i was still never able to get back into either DIR 615 even after multiple 30/30/30 resets but the original one went back to default after being left unplugged for an hour or so, I guess a combination of resetting it / leaving it without power gave it time to clear the NVRAM.
Sponsor
rez-i-dent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using 192.168.0.1 to log into router

If it was bricked I think it would just show an orange light. I have one that does this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: