D-Link DIR-615 D1 Bricked !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
samikhanie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 18:50    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 D1 Bricked !! Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
Just bricked my dir615 D1. All were working fine after upgrade, it was working flawlessly and after 24hours internet access gone. I looked at modem indicators only 1 light was on. Just reset my dlink and it worked again but within a minute it again at same situation.

Just looked around different websites I have just go to emergency recovery and back to original Dlink firmware.
After that it again runs normal for a few minutes and its power light gone amber, am wondering whats going on so I have tried 30/30/30 reset but it remain same.

and after plugging it out and plugging back after some minutes it worked and after some minutes it runs blue light at side of button .

But after again some minutes when i plug it runs normal for minutes and gone bad again.

After googling around found that it should be factory reset from Dlink Admin Panel. I just done same and now its only running blue light and no other light appears Sad tried 30/30/30 but nothing happens no ping no lan access Sad Sad I think my router burnt inside and when it cool downs it work and in minutes it gone hot and behave abnormal Sad Sad please help me to get me back my dir-615 router Sad
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that you have troubles with the DIR-615 D1 router. I've had some issues on my router (DIR-615 D2) with the latest firmware 23503, which modified the default transmit power Tx from 71 mW to 100 mW. With this new firmware I had only troubles: connection lost, resets, freezes in the browser, sites not accessible, etc.
I had to quickly return to the previous one, 23320, which works just fine for me (the transmit power is 71 mW by default). I don't know if the increased Tx on 23503 played any role in bricking your router...
Maybe you can give us more details on what firmware and how did you flash it. For how long did you run it, etc ?
samikhanie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kryptex Thank you for even posting any reply .

Being newbie I have just downloaded those both file as I included here and flashed that marked firmware from Dlink default panel. ( dont know about firmware build, as far you mentioned its BrainSlayer I havenot even tried it )

After Flashing this dlink-dir615-factory-webflash.bin configured my router as normally just secured network usin WPA2/Personal Key used 40MHz lower and found my router like supercharged and it became faboulous.

And just left it online and I have worked around 2 to 3 hours consecutive with no single problem at all and all night it was running and my brother who just using it all night.

When I came back from office (next day) in evening. Just found that I havent internet access, so normally checked cables and connections and just hard rebooted router and after that it works around 3 hours.

Then again after these are no internet access, as I already told that when I looked at router, was having amber power light and I said "Ah its about to banged" just connected it to LAN and Open DD-WRT Firmware Upgrade and loaded Dlink Original Firmware to it.

It just loaded and started normally. and after some minutes turning off as I described before . So am still having bricked and waiting that may be someone suggest me to do some magical tricks to get it alive Sad

[img][/img]
melvinklassen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:22    Post subject: DIR-615 firmware bug Reply with quote
If your "D1" model is like my "C1" model, then D-Link's firmware cannot set the internal clock on the DIR-615 to any date after 31-DEC-2012.

So, the router is "stuck" in '2002' (or '2012').

When your ISP grants a lease to the router, it sets the TTL ("Time-To-Live") for the lease. The router calculates the time at which the lease-time is 50% consumed. That should be a short time, if the router *HAD* the correct year. However, since the year is incorrect, that 50% time is far into the future. So, the router never tries to "renew" the lease provided by the ISP, as it should, at the "50%-consumed" time. So, after the "100%-consumed" time (according to your ISP, not your router) the ISP cuts-off your Internet connection, until you reboot the router, which gets you a new lease.

One GREAT reason to load the DD-WRT software -- to bypass the above "bug".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: