Need help restoring stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
dhamaniasad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55    Post subject: Need help restoring stock firmware Reply with quote
I have an Asus RT-N13U rev.B1. I just installed DD-WRT on it using this guide : http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Flashing_from_Stock_Asus_FW_to_DD-WRT. I've only flashed using asus-to-ddwrt.trx file, or something like that, and its working fine and all. I see that DD-WRT is much more feature rich compared to the stock firmware, and I have no complaints with it. Apart from this. My internet is working only half as fast as it did with my stock firmware. I tried Googling this, and it seems that a lot of users are getting reduced internet speeds after installing dd-wrt. I could understand if it was 10%, or even 20% slower, but its more than halved. I don't have QoS enabled, and I am using all the default settings, and now I am getting a 10th of the speed I used to get with stock firmware when downloading torrents, which is extremely ridiculous. Now I have bricked one of these routers while restoring stock firmware to it after installing dd-wrt on it, and I do not want to do that again. I have had a bad experience with DD-WRT before, but since its been 2 years, I thought things might have improved, but alas. How do I restore my stock firmware? The wiki doesn't say anything about that. Last time, I had trouble getting the router to recovery mode after installing dd-wrt. Anyone know how to restore it back to stock firmware? I have the firmware file and restoration utility handy btw, and I also have backup internet connections, so thats not gonna be a problem for me. I really don't want to brick this router, as its been discontinued now, and I can't find it anywhere, and also its out of warranty, so Asus is not going to replace it for me like it did earlier.
Sponsor
dhamaniasad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
After going through even more trouble with DD-WRT, I finally was able to safely ditch it, YAY! I'm never ever ever using DD-WRT again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: