One way internet using wifi for downlink - sniff the packets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
jeswanth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:47    Post subject: One way internet using wifi for downlink - sniff the packets Reply with quote
Hello all,

Is this possible with openwrt or ddwrt.? I want to build a network similar to the one that is used by the satellite one-way-internet consumers. The 'upload' from the host/computer is sent to a proxy server (ip address) via an existing cable or telephone modem. The downlink from the existing connection is very little as compared with the download link from the satellite.

UPLOADS packets
HOST/Computer ==>existing cable or modem ==> IP or proxy of the satellite ISP

Downloads packets
Satellite ISP ==>satellite terminal ==>HOST/Computer.

Why I want to do this.?

Customers need more download speed than upload speed. And except fiber, no other cable technology can provide this for more than 150 meters. DSL and CMTS are huge on the budget.

I have seen that the broadcasted packets travel more than kilometer on wifi networks, cpe's of engenius tech and others are easily catching these packets despite of very weak signal. TCP/IP packets travel only few feet and a lot of noise is created because of more and more cpe or clients are added to the hotspot.

What I want to do?

I am able to sniff packets on a computer using radio cards, airpcap etc sniffer. I want to send all the download data packets of all the customers in the network by broadcasting the packets. I want to build a hybrid network using both copper wire technologies and wifi.

Cpe hardwareis able to catch the broadcasted or tcp/ip packets even at very low signal BUT are unable to communicate with the hotspots and are unable to link with the hotspot.

Hope you guys understand what I am talking about. Please do comment on this or ask me anything you wish to ask.

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: