Kong ARM build 23745

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
helvsmit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 23:59    Post subject: Re: Thanks Kong Reply with quote
helvsmit wrote:
Can I now also use asianblock ?

What I mean is that I use Asianblock from Optware in an earlier version. This is for me the main reason to move to the new modem. My original modem is heavaly loaded with asianblock IPtables.

Thank you again for helping me out. I really appreciate that..

Bye,
Ab
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03    Post subject: Re: Thanks Kong Reply with quote
helvsmit wrote:
helvsmit wrote:

What I mean is that I use Asianblock from Optware in an earlier version. This is for me the main reason to move to the new modem. My original modem is heavaly loaded with asianblock IPtables.

Bye,
Ab

Asianblock is just a script thus it should work fine.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Re: Thanks Kong Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
helvsmit wrote:

Bye,
Ab

Ok, that would-be be great but How should I download and run this script. I've keine anung, I'm kind of a newbie here.
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone tried to see if UPnP is working properly with this build? I was wanting this
"new" broadcom driver but it's not worth it if UPnP isn't working. I need it for multiple Playstation on my network so I have an open NAT type. Working great on my current build on the R7000 23550-R01.

WRT54G v5 BS micro 14684(RB)
helvsmit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:
Has anyone tried to see if UPnP is working properly with this build? I was wanting this
"new" broadcom driver but it's not worth it if UPnP isn't working. I need it for multiple Playstation on my network so I have an open NAT type. Working great on my current build on the R7000 23550-R01.

Hi, Sorry not sure yet. As long as I'm not sure if and how I can use asianblocks I installed the Wifi router as router only and use my Linksys as main router.. As soon as someone (Kong???) tells me how I will test it for you!

Bye, Abel
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 16:37    Post subject: Re: Thanks Kong Reply with quote
helvsmit wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
helvsmit wrote:

Bye,
Ab

Ok, that would-be be great but How should I download and run this script. I've keine anung, I'm kind of a newbie here.

How did you download it last time?

Asiablock is NOT a software package available from the opkg/ipkg repositories, it is a simple script which can run on any platform so no need for <Kong> to build it for the ARM platform.
helvsmit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 20:33    Post subject: Re: Thanks Kong Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
helvsmit wrote:

Bye,
Ab

How did you download it last time?

Asiablock is NOT a software package available from the opkg/ipkg repositories, it is a simple script which can run on any platform so no need for <Kong> to build it for the ARM platform.

I used OWRT2 script before, with this script you are able to run service asianblock start. Etc. If you can tell me how I should do this in this version, then I'm safe Wink
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
helvsmit wrote:
Blazian wrote:

Hi, Sorry not sure yet. As long as I'm not sure if and how I can use asianblocks I installed the Wifi router as router only and use my Linksys as main router.. As soon as someone (Kong???) tells me how I will test it for you!

Bye, Abel

I believe you would have to be using the R7000 as you main router to test the UPnP. You would have to check the UPnP tab to make sure it was opening ports on things that you are doing. Whether it be gaming online or downloading torrents etc.

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
Blazian wrote:

Bye, Abel

I believe you would have to be using the R7000 as you main router to test the UPnP. You would have to check the UPnP tab to make sure it was opening ports on things that you are doing. Whether it be gaming online or downloading torrents etc.

There wasn't any change in UPNP since 23430 and it is confirmed, that it works in that revisions, thus pretty sure it works in latest revision.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Blazian wrote:
helvsmit wrote:
Blazian wrote:

Bye, Abel

There wasn't any change in UPNP since 23430 and it is confirmed, that it works in that revisions, thus pretty sure it works in latest revision.

I appreciate an answer from you Kong, but I tried 23655 and it didn't work correctly there. That is why I did some research on the forums and tried 23550 which it is working perfectly. I use a PS4 and I consistently had a Moderate NAT Type when I was on 23655. That is why I fell to 23550 in the first place. So something somewhere screwed something up in the newer builds.

rocky13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:

Hi, I have Kong 23770 NEWD installed on my R7000, I can confirm that UPnP is working fine. My setup is that I assigned a static ip to my device. I added a static lease under services, no dmz enabled. NAT:type is Open.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
uPnP and DLNA uses multicast for discovery, the uPnP problem is probably caused by the recently introduced IGMP snooping and your setting for it.
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is that setting located at?
okmacuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18    Post subject: EA6500 v2 test on r23755 Reply with quote
I install Kong's r23755 on my EA6500 v2. Signals are stable. I run it for about 5 minutes, it ends up having conflicting IP address with the main router. I use another EA6500 v2 as my main router running linksys stock 1.1.40 (build 153731), and I install r23755 on the other EA6500 v2 and use it as a repeater bridge. I never have stable signal from Brain Slayer's build from r23320 to r23598. I didn't mean to blame him, looks like the new driver r23755 did help to provide stable signal. I know it's almost there, keep up the good work. I still want to install Brian Slayer's r23720, still no luck, file size is too big.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:
Where is that setting located at?

Setup->Networking->Bridging->IGMP Snooping

has to be set to Off to allow multicast traffic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: