TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 HDD sharing, OPTWARE, DLNA, Torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it took about 20 minutes, maybe less, for it to go through roughly 300 video files then it seemed to stop (always in the same place). I only have video files, over 6000 in all. In fact I only have video files and none of them are in Real Player format, they're a collection of mp4, mkv and avi's with no rmvp's or even any flv's. When I had MiniDLNA running before it seemed to collect and display all of my video files.
Sponsor
jirkavy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i am successfully installed optware + minidlna on build 23720. But i had lot of problems with Segmentation fault. I solved this problem that i set factory settings and repeat this tutorial. I install 3.30 version of libc and uninstall v 3.00 and its all ok! But i have one problem... when i restart my router TL-WDR3600 the script in the Command > Startup doesnt run and i must handly from putty this script run. Do not know why?

PS: Creating movie DB its take a 1 hour with 1290 movies Wink

PS: sorry for my english:-)
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I ran the whole script from scratch (thumbdrive and DD-WRT) and I made the required changes (Segmentation Error session has one part, now).

It is running on build 23503 because I had no time to upgrade to the latest. Actually, it is a pain in the butt every time I upgrade DD-WRT (you have to copy /etc again and so on) and I'm happy the way it is.

jirkavy wrote:
Hi, i am successfully installed optware + minidlna on build 23720. But i had lot of problems with Segmentation fault. I solved this problem that i set factory settings and repeat this tutorial. I install 3.30 version of libc and uninstall v 3.00 and its all ok! But i have one problem... when i restart my router TL-WDR3600 the script in the Command > Startup doesnt run and i must handly from putty this script run. Do not know why?

PS: Creating movie DB its take a 1 hour with 1290 movies Wink

PS: sorry for my english:-)

jirkavyv,

Sometimes, DD-WRT Startup Script raises error that we can not see. Please try to hit [Enter] after the last line ("fi"), before clicking "Save Startup". I did not get that error and it loaded everything automatically.

As you have 1200+ videos, you should supress the "-R" of "minidlna -f /opt/etc/config/minidlna.conf -R" (from your Startup script). Run "minidlna -f /opt/etc/config/minidlna.conf -R" only once, through PuTTY, and every time you were missing something. "R" means rebuild MiniDLNA Database.

P.S.: Do not be sorry for your English. It is great!

Rgs, Marcelo.
jirkavy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for your reaction! But when i try hit ENTER before last line on the run script. It isnt help Sad.

When i go to Administration and click on the Reboot router. Script not runs and i must go to putty and run this script handly.

I got an idea and upgrade your script. I add "." before optware.enable and minidlna.enable for hidden this files! I try from putty handly use IF script

Code:
if [ -f /mnt/sda1/.optware.enable ]; then
[enter]
echo "y"
[enter]
fi
[enter]

And i got output Y. So that "upgrade" is runing.

I try handly every IF in the script and i got every output Y. I think that script is correctly runing. But startup didnt run. Smile
PS: I add attachment with script from Web Administration!

EDIT: I found solution !!!!

I try edit FIRST sleep from 6 to 20 and i got succesfull run script! I think that when you have a 2TB HDD it is take a more time for load a partitions on this disk. Or it isnt on size but on how much you have free size on disk. I have over 600 GB fill from 1,8TB and a must have a long time for load partitions.

YEA I am happy Laughing
celiofk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 0:32    Post subject: subtitles in minidlna Reply with quote
First of all, thanks to Marcelo for this tutorial. I've installed minidlna with no problems in a wr4300 build 23720. I'm brazilian too, but i'll try to write in English.
My only problem, for now (didn't try transmission yet), is that subtitles doesn't work in minidlna. Have anyone make it work?
My tv is a Sony Bravia KDL-40CX525 and subtitles worked with PS3 Media Server.
Thanks again,

Célio
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
jirkavy,

Nice move. Congratulations!

Fala Célio!

Please try rename both subtitle and movie, on that order.

Maybe you need to install a DLNA Server other than miniDLNA for your Bravia. Also make sure your TV plays them from a thumbdrive natively.

Um abraço, Marcelo.
mellimalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum, firstable, I want to say thanks!!! to msantos2007 for let me configure perfectly my new 4300 router with his guide. I flashed it with DD-WRT build 23720 (the last).

Minidlna works nice, and transmission too. The only problem I have and don´t fix yet is the common issue "port closed" in transmission.

I have spent two days reading forums and don´t find any solution. I think I have tried all that is possible, including deactivating firewall in router, port forwarding, etc.

I can download any torrent I like, but I don´t know if this problem about the port closed make my downloading speed poor.

When the torrent client is on the router, as this case, what´s the correct IP to forward port 25000, 192.168.1.1? I try all optios, but I have no idea Crying or Very sad

Other doubt I have is that my public IP is different that the WAN IP the router gets from my ISP. I have a cable modem from a spanish ISP.

Thanks a lot for your help and support!!!
lennox01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
1.3 Reboot the router.

1.4 Using PuTTY, you should see a colorful prompt (in red and blue). Run the following:

Code:

opkg update
i use step by step

-sh: opkg: not found

can u help me?
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
mellimalo wrote:
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum, firstable, I want to say thanks!!! to msantos2007 for let me configure perfectly my new 4300 router with his guide. I flashed it with DD-WRT build 23720 (the last).

Minidlna works nice, and transmission too. The only problem I have and don´t fix yet is the common issue "port closed" in transmission.

I have spent two days reading forums and don´t find any solution. I think I have tried all that is possible, including deactivating firewall in router, port forwarding, etc.

I can download any torrent I like, but I don´t know if this problem about the port closed make my downloading speed poor.

When the torrent client is on the router, as this case, what´s the correct IP to forward port 25000, 192.168.1.1? I try all optios, but I have no idea Crying or Very sad

Other doubt I have is that my public IP is different that the WAN IP the router gets from my ISP. I have a cable modem from a spanish ISP.

Thanks a lot for your help and support!!!

Here I can not get any better than 15 Mbps download, regardless Port Forward settings.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
lennox01 wrote:
1.3 Reboot the router.

1.4 Using PuTTY, you should see a colorful prompt (in red and blue). Run the following:

Code:

opkg update
i use step by step

-sh: opkg: not found

can u help me?

Please format your drive and follow the steps all over again, s-l-o-w-l-y.

You can aways increase the value of those "sleep" commands.
lennox01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
the same mistake again
alyn4u
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
on 1043nd ... same problem "opkg update"
alyn4u
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
it worked when I downgraded to dd wrt 23503... THANK YOU for the help!!!!
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
alyn4u wrote:
it worked when I downgraded to dd wrt 23503... THANK YOU for the help!!!!

That's concerning because the script should have worked regardless of DD-WRT versions.

I need to figure the changes on newer versions (e.g. 23838) and update the script.

So, stay tunned...

Thank you for your feedback!

Marcelo.
raffmonster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a ton msantos for this lucid and wonderful guide to install Optware and useful utilities that are supported by it on the router.

I would like to post some of my observations during the install and some fixes I made to your steps, so as to get the same results on my config.

Config: WDR3600v1.5 v24 (13/03/14) with 250GB laptop HDD running on USB power. PuTTY access is through Private key.

1. If only transmission is desired to be installed, dependency error libc occurs if we straightaway jump to install transmission step after the optware step. Solution is to install the libc and libgcc as per the procedure mentioned in MiniDLNA step 1.1.

2. I've found that sleep 25 setting on first delay and sleep 5 setting on subsequent delays in boot scripts make a lot of external HDDs compatible and the script is almost guaranteed to run succesfully at boot.

3. There is no .profile file created in /tmp/mnt/sda2/root/ in my case. It led to Transmission crashing with error 404, web interface files missing. I solved it by manually creating a .profile in winSCP and adding the Transmission_Web_home lines.

Problem(s): I am not able to get transmission to autorun at boot and start downloads. I always have to login using PuTTY and run transmission-daemon command and then the web UI appears. I'm not well versed in linux commands and hence need your help to automate the process.

Also, is it possible to run pyload on this router by installing it as a package as mentioned here

Thanks again for the wonderful guide and I hope you will reply to my query.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: