Qualcomm atheros MU-MIMO & dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 0:11    Post subject: Qualcomm atheros MU-MIMO & dd-wrt Reply with quote
http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/04/technology/innovation/qualcomm-wifi/

that sounds nice with words on paper at least, hopefully wifi overhead will drop but it still doesnt seem like full duplex wifi, assuming full duplex over wireless period is even possible?

what does this mean for us with 3rd part fw? this multiuser mimo will affect both bands or just one? 802.11ac or a/b/g/n as well? new drivers for dd-wrt needed or its all hw side & sw sees the same "regular" mimo?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Sponsor
sebastienbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:30    Post subject: mu-mimo and beam forming technologies vs dd-wrt Reply with quote
This is a good discussion.

I was wondering if dd-wrt is already prepared for:

1) mu-mimo
2) Beam forming

(high end smart phones and skylake processors that are beeing sold from september have these technologies build-in so it will not take long before those technologies will be usable in homes)

If those protocols are already supported by dd-wrt:
3) Are there any devices recommended (or compatible) by dd-wrt with those technologies?

Routers that I know that have those technologies are (but I don't know if they are support by dd-wrt:
Linksys EA8500
Asus RT-AC87U
Netgear X4 X6 and X8

Thanks
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is likely why we are also seeing this
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284740

FCC trying to keep things in some useable order for everyone is ok.

Better/faster WiFi in congested areas is a good thing.

But I`ll have to agree with BS that mentioning dd-wrt by name kinda rubs me the wrong way Smile
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
They seem to be soooo concerned by the usage of Channels 12 & 13 in the US...
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
i seen lots of ath10k patches for mu-mimo so hopefully its looking sw mode somewhat but they stated qca99xx so..which i havent even seen any units being sold that have that radio yet

the fcc can go fuck themselves ill happlily order from europe for eu versions of routers if i really have to Very Happy or maybe canada will get exempt from this rubbish, iirc fcc has some pull here too..ddwrt is in germany so fcc shouldnt have any authority to shut them down or anything. looks like i have a deadline to perform my last router update for a while now "get them while they still take any fw given"

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
i seen lots of ath10k patches for mu-mimo so hopefully its looking sw mode somewhat but they stated qca99xx so..which i havent even seen any units being sold that have that radio yet

When they come out it'll be a different beast and likely not anything we can easily play with

tatsuya46 wrote:

the fcc can go .... themselves ..... "get them while they still take any fw given"

That's what i was thinking -
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
When they come out it'll be a different beast and likely not anything we can easily play with

at this rate, not US versions anyway..see what i did th~ wait, bad joke Evil or Very Mad

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: