TP-Link WDR4300 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
eenduiker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 15:28    Post subject: Feature not Bug Reply with quote
luizedu wrote:
Fred Bogus Trumper wrote:
I 've made the same experiences, truy build r23320

Fred Bogus Trumper wrote:
... Last build r23320 supports Wan-N but no mobile internet connection is possible. Most builds from december last year worked with mobile broadband but only with 54MBit (2,4Ghz mixed mode). If Wlan-N only is used, a connection is not possible. ...

I tried but still couldn't connect. Had to fallback to G-Only.

I had the same issue. Seems less like a bug and more like a feature... javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration

'You MUST use WPA2 authentication with AES encryption only, or use no security at all if you wish to achieve N rates. Anything else is against the N spec and typically results in the client falling back to G rates.'
Sponsor
porogn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
BlackFly wrote:
Everything works fine except my Motorola Razr I that have some drops on WLAN. It is only this (Android 4.2), the old Defy (Android 2.3) works better than with stock...

I have same problem. all works fine but my NEO 003 (smartphone от Android 4.2.1) have some drop on WLAN. Other devices such Samsung Tab II 10.1 (Android 4.0.4) works good.

WPA switch "AES+TKIP". On D-LINK DIR-615 that work fine.
joeliscano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:39    Post subject: Re: WDR-4300 Client Bridge problems. Reply with quote
Does somebody know if this post has been solved? I have the same problem.

Thanks!

Duckbuster wrote:
Hello.
I got my WDR4300 (v1.3) setup as a client bridge. Everything seems to be fine but I get random problem where my PC loses internet connected (well everything connected to the WDR4300 "router")
It still gets a normal IP address but no internet access.
It seems to be a problem with the dns.

I tried 2 builds 21061 and now the latest 21286.
Both had the same problem.
I'm still not sure if it is a setup problem, a firmware problem or a problem with my (isp) router.

I took some screenshots to describe my problem.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/ShareX/2013-05/ddwrtclientbridge.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/ShareX/2013-05/ddwrtclientbridge2.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/ShareX/2013-05/ddwrtclientbridge3.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/ShareX/2013-05/ddwrtclientbridge4.PNG

192.168.0.1 is my ISP router who does all the routing.
192.168.0.3 is a wireless AP on the same network(connected on the lan port not via wan, and dhcp server disabled).
192.168.0.5 is my dd-wrt flashed WDR4300
I tried the bridge with both wifi's and they both have the same problem.

As you can see I can still ping devices on the lan.
If I connect a other device (netbook or my phone) to the wireless router or AP they do have a working internet connection.
My pc is set on DHCP.

To "fix" the problem I have to either disable my wireless and turn it back on (the wireless on the WDR4300) or reboot the router.

This is getting real annoying and I hope someone can help me.
satand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
where can i find a big-build (with NTFS-support) for my WDR4300?

thanks in advance!
maccaberry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Alterswede,
I have used cold solder (silver conductor paint) to bridge out the 8 capacitors as you mentioned in the other post. I have NOT added extra antennas for the 2.4 ghz channel yet. Can you confirm what the Tx and antenna gain should be set for both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz (ath0 and ath1) in the wireless advanced settings section in dd-wrt. I have them both set for Tx 20 dbm and 0 dbi for antenna gain but haven't noticed a great deal of improvement.
Thanks in advance.

AlterSwede wrote:
osmodia wrote:
The Problem is, the external Antennas are only for 5Ghz. The 2.4Ghz Network only has internal Antennas.

My WDR4300 has a horrible WiFi Range, my old MSI RG300Ex had external Antennas and a -30dB better Quality and Strength.

If you dont mind to void your warranty and can solder a bit, look here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=179160

The modification improves the Signal much better than exchanging the Antennas. In the last post in the thread you can see that he installed 2 external antennas for the 2.4Ghz Network.

The external antennas of the WDR4300 are dual-band antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHz, there are no internal antennas.

The hardware mod improves the signal strenght by routing the 22 dBm maximum 2.4 GHz output unmuted to separate antennas. So the EIRP power can reach a higher level.

Also the 5 GHz output is affected positively but has a maximum output of 19 dBm. The EIRP power as mentioned above.

Don't expect a ferroconcrete killer, the WDR4300 will never be that. The manufacturer TP-Link has limited the TX power by EPROM settings.

But the hardware mod will also give you the chance to use an external WiFi booster. Wink
Firemaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 18:26    Post subject: Wireless range Reply with quote
Ok I was using dd-wrt on 2 Asus routers and was very very happy with the performance.
Now on my home used WDR4300 I am having very poor wireless range.

Even my Speedport telekom box was better than this. Now I don´t have a comparison to the stock firmware since I did not even bother using it and went straight to dd-wrt because of my good experience with asus ans dd-wrt (broadcom).

Is there a chance of getting better range out of the wdr4300? I am pretty much stock on the settings.
derNils
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:42    Post subject: WDR4300 v1.7 not longer working correctly Reply with quote
Hi,

I flashed my WDR4300 v1.7 with r23503 and configured it. Everything works like expected.

But a few days ago I couldn't connect using WiFi. So I turned the router off and on, but still could not see the WiFi. I used a direct connection and got internet access, but my computer got the WAN ip address and not a LAN DHCP address.

After more investigation I recognized that the TP Link worked as a bridge. I connected my old Asus to the internet and the TP Link with the WAN interface to the Asus to a LAN interface. On the info page I can't see any IP address for the WDR4300. Connecting the computer to TP Link (LAN interface) gives my machine a DHCP address and I can see it on the Asus (which also runs on DD-WRT since a couple of years).

Switching the cables on the WDR does not change anything (now I connect my computer to the WDR WAN interface and the Asus to a WDR LAN interface). Still get a DHCP address for my computer, but can't see my WDR.

So, is the anything I can do to reactive the WDR? Or is it now useless? Since I can't see it on the Asus info page I think it is working in bridge mode. I can't see any WiFi connections from the WDR.

Regards
Nils
SkapyTek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 18:17    Post subject: tp link wdr 4300 Reply with quote
Hello,
where i can find the latest build for my tp link wdr 4300?
I Heard theres a new build: r23838
Can i install it to my tp-link wdr 4300 and where can i download it?
When i search the router database on the dd-wrt website i only find this as latest version for my router: build 21061

thanks
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:25    Post subject: Re: tp link wdr 4300 Reply with quote
SkapyTek wrote:
Hello,
When i search the router database on the dd-wrt website i only find this as latest version for my router: build 21061

thanks

http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F

I got it running since 03/30/14. So far so good. I need to do more test on wifi range.

Best Regards
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
satand wrote:
where can i find a big-build (with NTFS-support) for my WDR4300?

thanks in advance!

I got this hardware working with DD-WRT v24-sp2 Release: 03/29/14 (SVN revision: 23838):
    tplink - wdr4300
    Seageate Barracuda 2TB on NTFS
    Thermaltake xBlack eSATA USB Dock

Best Regards.
SkapyTek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 13:15    Post subject: Re: tp link wdr 4300 Reply with quote
casjarleo wrote:
SkapyTek wrote:
Hello,

thanks

http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F

I got it running since 03/30/14. So far so good. I need to do more test on wifi range.

Best Regards

ty
mellimalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm a new user of DD-WRT, with my new WDR-4300 1.6, flashed with the last release v24-sp2 (03/13/14).

I have installed optware, transmission and minidlna using a guide finded in this forum, and each one works great!!!

At he moment I use a NTFS 500GB HDD installed on it and shared by samba on my home network.

I have tried DDNS with NO-IP with the same result, perfect!. I can see the remote gui of transmission outside of my home.

Finally I have set up a VPN server without any problem. All I have done helped by the threads of this forum, thanks to all.

I'm using the two frequencys of wireless with success, any problem finded, good coverage, better in 2,4Ghz.

The only problem I have is to turn off the wireless with the wps button, doesn't work, any idea???

Thanks in advance!
notchy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 18:07    Post subject: Steps to install OpenVPN on TL-WDR4300 Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I just received the router and wanted to install DD-WRT
I will be installing the latest build. Which I will download from here.

" BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 2014 › 03-29-2014-r23838 "

I was unable to find the steps to install OpenVPN on the router.
Could someone point me to the steps please.
mellimalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi notchy, there is another new rebuild r23919. I am waiting for the new one with Openvpn 2.3.3 version and the bug "WPS Button Wireless ON/OFF" fixed.

In my version r23720 OpenVPN is inside, but with the heartbleed bug, I don't know if in your version the OpenVPN service is erased or updated.

If you read the timeline you will see that there are two tickets created for all that I have commented:

Ticket 3362 (4/10/14) UPDATE OPENVPN
Ticket 3369 (4/18/14) SES RADIO OFF BUTTON BUG

I'm waitint for the version that fix those problems.
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Re: Steps to install OpenVPN on TL-WDR4300 Reply with quote
notchy wrote:

I will be installing the latest build. Which I will download from here.

" BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 2014 › 03-29-2014-r23838 "

r23838 has OpenSSL 1.0.1f which is vulnerable to heartbleed. Upgrade to 04-18-2014-r23919 in order to get most new OpenSSL 1.0.1g which fix heartbleed.

notchy wrote:

I was unable to find the steps to install OpenVPN on the router.
Could someone point me to the steps please.

I was unable to find some guide in the forums so I share with you the resources I have so far:

Check here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN

and here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/64433/how-to-install-and-configure-openvpn-on-your-dd-wrt-router/

Regards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: