D-Link DIR-615 H/W Ver: C1 - Radio Issues...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
whit3fir3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 22:52    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 H/W Ver: C1 - Radio Issues... Reply with quote
So I picked up a D-Link DIR-615 today and figured I'd give DD-WRT a shot. So far I've been pretty impressed with the functionality of the project, but I'm having an issue getting the Wireless Radio turned on. The specs on my device are below:

Hardware: D-Link DIR-615 H/W Ver: C1
Software: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std

I found a thread talking about cloning the MAC address to get the interface to come up, but this has not worked for me. Has anyone else run into this problem or know how to get the wireless interface to come up?

Thanks,

whit3fir3
Sponsor
code65536
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
(This should be in the Atheros forum.)

I recently updated an old DIR-615 from a 15xxx firmware to the latest 23919, and I did run into the problems that people have described, and I was able to fix by using cloning to restore the corrupted MAC address.

Did you clone the address correctly? The MAC address for the WLAN interface should be the same as that of the LAN (which wasn't corrupted). After a successful clone, when you look at the System Information page, the "LAN MAC" and "Wireless MAC" should be the same.

If you did, and you are still having "Radio Off", then you're probably encountering a different problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: