Need expert on GPIO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
smokinabowl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:00    Post subject: Need expert on GPIO Reply with quote
All the hardware modding threads I read today got me in the mood to pull out the soldering iron.

I have a wap54g v2 - there is virtually no documentation on this device

I wrote a test script to turn on/off gpio 1-20 every 2 seconds. I've found 3 gpio's north of the cpu, seems they'll be usable. I need a 4th.

-The power led doesn't respond to any of the gpio's I tried
-the "activity"(wireless) led does respond, but it is overridden by the activity itself
-another pin left of the power led responds, looks to be an unconnected led by the way the voltmeter reads the same as the "activity" led. Further testing may be needed to see if it is the same gpio
-the reset button doesn't seem to have a gpio

So, concerning my options of finding a 4th gpio:

Shouldn't the reset button be connected to a gpio? I have no issue not being able to use the reset button if taking this gpio

Is there a way to unload the activity led and use this gpio? I can modify files with the firmware mod kit if needed/recompile binaries from source with tool chain.

P.s. I also found two other gpio's that got 3.3v when pulled high, but only went to 1.7v when low. I'm assuming I won't be able to use these?
Sponsor
smokinabowl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
nevermind - i couldnt find the reset button gpio because it is gpio 0, which i didnt test for.

i'll create a new post later with a picture of the board and lables for anyone else who wants to mod their wap54g v2
eeff11
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, any progress?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: