Dlink DIR-615 D5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
datty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56    Post subject: Dlink DIR-615 D5 Reply with quote
Hi all,

I got the DIR-615 D5 today and it doesn't seem to be supported. I've pulled it apart to get as much info as possible and I've pasted it below.

System-On-Chip: Ralink RT3352F
Flash-Chip: ESMT F25l32PA
Flash size: 4 MiB
RAM-Chip: ESMT M14D2561616A
RAM size: 32 MiB (4M x 4 x 16bit)

The device seems to have a serial port which I'll try and hook up later, not 100% on how at the moment but I aim to find out.

I've put some hi-res photos up here http://imageshack.us/g/545/img20120703125059.jpg/

Hopefully its similar to another revision and we can get something working on it.

Thanks
Sponsor
nickbeee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for those images, they were useful.

I have one of these with a failed installation of DD-WRT that appeared to be stuck in some kind of reboot loop. I found the serial port and examining the TX pin showed some data so I connected up the serial port at 57600bps to my laptop via a MAX232 converter and it is running the U-BOOT boot loader. I can see DD-WRT attempts to boot at loading kernel... but never makes it and reboots again.

It's possible to break out of the boot process and load another image via tftp or http so all is not lost. I'll put it on one side in the hope some firmware turns up.
Keyser-Soze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just subscribing to this thread as I'm running a D5 version as my primary (stock firmware) and a D2 version in wireless bridge mode on build 15778.

Would like to have the D5 running on dd-wrt firmware also though.
cicob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 17:47    Post subject: D5 is having same Chipset as H1/H2 Reply with quote
Hello,
I notice when googling that this troublesome D5 has the same chipset as the H1/H2 (RT3352F).

Would I brick the D5 if I'd try to install the H1/H2 firmware onto it?

C
BobAGI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there really noone here that can reply to these questions about the D5 revision?
Seems like only users affected by the problem manage to find it and now I am one too.
Yesterday I bought a D-LINK DIR-615 in order to set up DD-WRT on it.
So I tried the same firmware file as is specified for all other D versions (1-2-3-4) and it truly bricked the router into a loop where it blinks the power lamp at a slow rate.

Emergency flash would be an option to at least bring it back to operational state, except it seems impossible to find the D-Link stock firmware for this version of the DIR-615. Sad

Can someone please, please direct us to where the original D-Link f/w for this revision can be downloaded?

Then this Emergency Flashing HOWTO page could be used to restore to factory state....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: