NS2 Adding Virtual Interface makes ath0 drop connection

AdrianFretwell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 20:49    Post subject: NS2 Adding Virtual Interface makes ath0 drop connection Reply with quote
Hello, I have spent two days experimenting and reading the Wiki, and I now must ask for help...

Device: Ubiquiti Nanostation 2
Firmware: DD-WRT V24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061
CPU: Atheros AR2315

Trying to set this up as a wireless repeater bridge. I have followed the instructions at [http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge] remembering the Atheros specific part.

Client Bridge (routed) logs on to primary router and works fine to eth0.

As soon as I add a Wireless Virtual Interface NS2 drops connection to the primary router, the ath0 up time gets to 2 seconds then resets to zero continuously.

I have tried this scenario with No Encription, WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES and WEP 64, the result is exactly the same, all works fine until I add the VAP.

Probably need to do some more diagnostics, but don't know what to try. .var/log/messages is empty and dmesg provides nothing.

I have paid for and installed the activation.

Help please. Kind regards Adrian.
Sponsor
AdrianFretwell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 14:23    Post subject: Support required Reply with quote
Bump.

As far as I can see, this software is not fit for purpose on the NS2 to create a repeater bridge.

When payment is required for an activation key I would expect some support or help with further diagnostics.

I have run out of things to try. This was part of a wireless solution for a customer, if I can't get DD-WRT to work I will have to recover the activation fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: