Plug RTL8188CUS USB wifi dongle into Ralink RT3052 router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
SiliCAT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 21:11    Post subject: Plug RTL8188CUS USB wifi dongle into Ralink RT3052 router Reply with quote
Hi,
Recently I flashed my Asus RT-N13U B1 with the newest DD-WRT Firmware. In my room the only way I can get connected to the Internet is through the apartment’s wifi Access Point. I don’t want to simply put my router to ‘client-mode’ because I need to keep its original 300M WLAN to meet my need of local high-speed data transmission. Coincidently I had a redundant cheap RTL8188CUS USB wifi Adapter so I’m wondering if I can use the dongle by plugging it into the router to get the Internet connection.
Here is the thread on this forum which gives me some hope:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28198&sid=f6968948dbcbc65c6a5a73ec5ad9cabd.
But it was posted 6 years ago, and I always got confused when I was trying to follow the instructions about the module-compiling. Could anybody give me some advices to help me out or tell me where I can get information to go further.
The first problem I encountered is about building the cross compile environment. Sorry if this shows I am uninitiated but this is the way is. Appreciate if you can do me a favor so I’m able to start faster.
How to choose a cross GCC compiler? I just downloaded the whole huge toolchains file. There are several toolchains in it, such as
toolchain-mipsel_gcc-4.7-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2
toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32
toolchain-mipsel_gcc4.1.2
toolchain-mipsel_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33
toolchain-mipsel_r2_gcc-4.7-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2
toolchain-mips_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1
toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32
Which is the appropriate toolchain compiler for me?
Second, I got the source code from svn://svn.dd-wrt.com/DD-WRT/src/linux/universal/linux-3.2, Is this the right place and did I download the right version?

On my router,
#cat /cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.2.57-svn23904 (root@dd-wrt.buildserver) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.01 r39555) ) #5739 Fri Apr 18 09:23:56 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot

- SiliCAT
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: