(SOLVED?) New out of box Linksys E2500 Firmware Fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kriseverett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 17:40    Post subject: (SOLVED?) New out of box Linksys E2500 Firmware Fail. Reply with quote
my router has firmware version 3.0.00 build 6 Aug 1, 2013.

it is a Linksys e2500
the serial number is 10a30c6b325103

i have read this and used the initial build firmware from it but the update fails http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500 i think it's because it has something to do with the firmware version. i have also read the peacock announcement but it was very hard to follow.

if this question has an answer else where please link it so that i can read it.

this is my first attempt at dd-wrt and have heard many good things about it and want to try it for my self.

Again this is Brand NEW out of the box i have done the 30-30-30 and reset to factory defaults and have the same issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to get answers soon.

PS i also tried to find the FCC id but could not

Thanks,

Kris

Last edited by kriseverett on Thu Jun 19, 2014 16:30; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
kriseverett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 16:28    Post subject: Version 3 dosen't work woith DD-wrt :( Reply with quote
So after extensive looking i found out that V3 dosen't work with dd-wrt nativly. so i have returned it and went just up the road to Home Depot and found the same router with firmware version 1.0.03 YAY!!!!! and I am now running DD-wrt on it so far i like it now just to find a better version of it with more features. Smile
sgtm7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:56    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have had the same problem with the upgrade failing at around 9%. Now I know the reason. The issue now will be trying to find a place that has an earlier version of the software. Do you know if there is a way to downgrade the firmware that is already on the router?
sgtm7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07    Post subject: Found it Reply with quote
Got it! drivers.softpedia.com has all 3 versions of the firmware. Next step is to attempt to install it. Will update after I give it a try.
sgtm7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:56    Post subject: Fail Reply with quote
Even though version one was listed on the site, the file wasn't available at the download site. Version 2 was available, so I tried that one. I got an upgrade fail message when trying to downgrade to that version. So downgrade is not possible.

I am not in the states, so finding a Linksys router with an older version of software will be harder, because the only place the actual firmware version is located is on the router itself. They aren't going to let me open their box looking for the version number. Looks like I will have to either find another router to use, or try tomato.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: