ASUS RT-N16 recommended build for NTFS USB support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
catzilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:00    Post subject: ASUS RT-N16 recommended build for NTFS USB support? Reply with quote
I've spent 3 hours researching and still couldn't find a good answer.

Please tell me if I understand correctly.

* Only big versions >17mb in size have NTFS support <<--- this proved to be false
* The only ones I found were of the K3.x variety
* This means that in order to get NTFS support I need to go with an experimental unstable kernel
* It also appears that going from K26 14929mega I need to first flash some unspecified version of 3.x 21530 (which I was unable to find) and then flash something like dd-wrt.v24-23838_NEWD-2_K3.x-big, is that correct?

Are there K26 builds with NTFS support or am I kidding myself?

Perhaps I'm wrong about the >17mb and I can use ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/12-20-11-r18024/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-18024_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin?

If not, could anyone please recommend me a build and/or a solid and tested upgrade path?

Last edited by catzilla on Mon Jun 23, 2014 23:14; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
catzilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the linked build above, and it worked.

Got my drive mounted, will continue tinkering.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you want to stay with the 2.6 build, the last brainslayer version that has working wifi is 21676. I believe wifi is not functional on releases beyond that on the 2.6 platform. there is a big version. you can also try Kong 22000M. It is 2.6 based and I am currently using it on my Asus RT-N16 because I am running optware.
Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
catzilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
if you want to stay with the 2.6 build, the last brainslayer version that has working wifi is 21676. I believe wifi is not functional on releases beyond that on the 2.6 platform. there is a big version. you can also try Kong 22000M. It is 2.6 based and I am currently using it on my Asus RT-N16 because I am running optware.

Thanks! You signature is really helpful, too.

I'll stay with 18024 until I get a 4 TB drive for NAS, at which point I'll move to 3.x for large drive support.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
just letting you know that the build you are using might or might not have a port forwarding/loopback bug in it. if this is an issue for you then you can update to a later build if necessary like the ones I mentioned.

if the build you are using does all you need, then ignore what I have said.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

catzilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
just letting you know that the build you are using might or might not have a port forwarding/loopback bug in it. if this is an issue for you then you can update to a later build if necessary like the ones I mentioned.

if the build you are using does all you need, then ignore what I have said.

If I use the following firewall script in administration -> commands, that should do the trick, right?

Code:
insmod ipt_mark
insmod xt_mark
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j CONNMARK --save-mark
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

ref

Also, you've been very helpful, if you drop a Bitcoin address I'll buy you a beer =)

For anyone else who finds this thread in 2 years frustrated as hell, 21530 can be found in this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1487., specifically http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=25228
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe when i was running 19519, I used the 1 line fix for the port forwarding issue

you should upgrade to something later. try Kong 22000M. it's 2.6 kernel based so no issues with experimental stuff or instability.

Common F.A.Q.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: