Setting up Repeater Bridge on N13U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
sparky2708
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09    Post subject: Setting up Repeater Bridge on N13U Reply with quote
I tried to setup the repeater bridge on n13u (not B1) using the instructions here (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge). After messing around with it and changing the wireless security to disabled I was able to get it to work using DD-WRT firmware from 4/18/2014 with wireless security DISABLED.

Then I turned on wireless security on my main router (Verizon's router) and then tried to set it up on the bridged router running DD-WRT. I couldn't get it to work. I turned off wireless security on the Verizon router and then disabled it on the bridged router. No dice no matter how long I messed around with it.

I see a couple of strange things now
(1) when I go to "Site Survey" on the DD-WRT router, when I have "Repeater Bridge" mode turned on I see nothing and when I switch the mode to "AP" the site survey starts to work again.

(2) When I go to the Status -> Wireless page I see a different channel on the DD-WRT router than on my Verizon's router and I thought the channel was supposed to be the same. There is no more option to change the channel once I switched to "Repeater Bridge" mode

Not sure what is going on...
(1) Any tips or ideas how to get this to work?
(2) How do you tell if it connected to the primary router successfully? Or what the error was if it didn't...

Thanks in Advance,
Denis
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: