Buffalow WBMR-HP-G300H ADSL Will Not Connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SRear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 15:03    Post subject: Buffalow WBMR-HP-G300H ADSL Will Not Connect Reply with quote
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Buffalo Airstation WBMR-HP-G300H router. Using the stock firmware I successfully connected to my UK Talk Talk ISP using the settings as per attached "Stock Firmware Settings.png". This proves the hardware, connections and settings are working. After checking the DD-WRT router database I downloaded "buffalo_to_dd-wrt_MULTI.enc" (V24 PreSP2 Beta Build 21061) and updated the firmware using the stock web interface. I also downloaded "wbmr_g300nh-webflash-firmware.bin" and flashed this to the router using the DD-WRT web interface. Both updates applied fine. I then configured the DD-WRT as per attached "DD-WRT Firmware Settings.png" file. The routers in built ADSL modem will not connect as illustrated by the attached "DD-WRT Firmware WAN Status.png" file. I have tried most combinations of WAN connections types, Annex Types but have still not been able to connect to my ISP.

Can anybody offer any advice on what steps I need to take to make a connection with this router to my ISP?
Could anyone also point me in the right direction as to how to reinstate the stock firmware for this model?

Thanks in advance for any help that might be able to offer.

Regards,

Simon
Sponsor
gadgetpig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
That looks like a pretty old build, have you tried this one?

NOTE: As with all firmware, use at your own risk

21676/wireless works very well and pretty stable/no heartbleed fix yet

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/buffalo_wbmr_g300h/wbmr_g300h-webflash-firmware.bin

or

23919/fairly stable, has heartbleed fix IIRC

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/04-18-2014-r23919/buffalo_wbmr_g300h/wbmr_g300h-webflash-firmware.bin

Also noticed under your stock firmware pic, ADSL modulation is set at G.DMT, but under your DD-WRT it's Annex A.DMT,is there also a G.DMT setting in your new DD-WRT?
SRear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi gadgetpig thanks four you help. I have tried both firmware versions you have suggested. Afraid I still cant connect. With all firmware I have tried I've noticed too the DSL light doesn't flash as though the unit isn't even trying to connect, (phone line definitely connected). The DD-WRT firmware doesn't have a G.DMT modulation option.

If you or any one else can offer any further suggestions I'd by happy to try them before I give up Smile.

Incidentally where did you find links to the alternate firmware versions? The router database only has one firmware version listed.

Thanks Again.

Simon
sonikki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupid question, but have you tried to unplug the power cord? My WBMR refuses ADSL connection after flashing and setting it up, if I don´t unplug the power cord and let it sit for a while. It has been like that since the first build to WBMR.
SRear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Sonikki - yes I have tried unplugging the power cord for a few minutes. Same results - Thanks all the same.

Regards,

Simon
gadgetpig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
SRear wrote:

Incidentally where did you find links to the alternate firmware versions? The router database only has one firmware version listed.

Thanks Again.

Simon

Hi,

You can find it under 2014 folder via this new URL:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

Incidentally, another member named "iodadi" has the same model as you,and appears the latest build is working ok for him. You might be able to PM him directly and ask what ADSL setting he uses. Is there a way to change DMT setting to auto or autodetect?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263149&start=45

the latest build he used can be found here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/06-23-2014-r24461/buffalo_wbmr_g300h/wbmr_g300h-webflash-firmware.bin
SRear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello again gadgetpig - thanks for the link to the beta's. Tried the latest build same results I'm afraid. I will try to PM iodadai for ADSL settings. There were no auto detect for DMT / Modulation in any of the builds, including the latest that I could see.

Thanks all the same.

Regards,

Simon
tbdltee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using WBMR-HP-G300H with build 23919 and have the same problem. However, for me
1. I did 30/30/30 reset without connecting any cable accetp phone tine, LAN cableto my PC.
2. after that,it's working. you can config (click apply) and use it.
3. but if I reboot the router or press reset botton or reset from web GUI, it just cannot connect to ADSL. I have to do 30/30/30 again

have you try 30/30/30?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi tbdltee, yes I have tried a 30/30/30 reset with no success before and after upgrades. Out of interest, which ISP are you using and what are your ADSL settings?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Simon
winmx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey guys. I have the same router and was having the same problem. Today I decided to start from random 2013 builds and can report that Build 21676 works fine.

I restarted, powered off my router few times and it would connect to ADSL the moment it comes back online.

You can download the 21676 build from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/buffalo_wbmr_g300h/

there seems to be some kind of bug in the recent version of the firmware. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can have a look at this.

/Edit : I did try the most recent build 24461 and ADSL would not work. Downloaded 21676, select reset and thats it. Didnt do 30/30/30 reset.
SRear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi winmx I have already tried this build with no success. It was suggested by gadgetpig early in the thread. Thanks all the same. I have posted a message to my ISP to check which settings should be used for the annex setting. Guidance I have read so far is to set this to either G.DMT or auto, neither options appear in any of the builds I have tried.

I will report back progress if and when I get a response.

Kind Regards,

Simon
tbdltee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have look through your setting again and found out some strange things. I think it's the ADSL setting. You may try the following combination and see which one is working for you.

1. connection type: PPPoA + Encapsulation: VC Mux + Payload type: Routed --> I've found in the talk talk that they are using PPPoA, not PPPoE

2. connection type: PPPoA + Encapsulation: VC Mux + Payload type: Bridged

3. connection type: PPPoE + Encapsulation: LLC + Payload type: Bridge

4. connection type: PPPoE + Encapsulation: LLC + Payload type: Routed

I;m using ISP in Thailand, and their setting is PPPoE/LLC/Bridge

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi again tbdltee,

Yes I have found TalkTalk use PPOA too but I haven't been able to get it to work. Strange too how the stock firmware worked with a PPoE setting.

I don't get a payload type option when PPOA is selected so I couldn't try suggestions 1 and 2. I did however try 3 and 4. While neither worked suggestion 3 did cause the ADSL light to flash around every 5 seconds for around 5 times, (not the same type of pattern I'd expect though). While I did briefly get hopeful - no connection was made. This only happened when Annex was set to A.DMT or B.DMT.

Thanks anyway for your help. I'm hoping the talk talk community forums will give me definitive settings, especially Annex type, that I can test with 30/30/30 resets fully. I have just carried out soft rests and cycled the power between most of the tests carried out so far. I'm back at work now and don't have a great deal of time to test.

Kind Regards

Simon
valeinrete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi mate,

I have the same problem you mentioned, on my buffalo modem, did you find any solution for it ?
antonafr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem. No ADSL connection! i tried with the official stable relase DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061 and with the last available build( DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std - build 24461). The router is ok, but the modem is unavailable.
Any suggestion?
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: