No internet with Pico M2HP

pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 15:07    Post subject: No internet with Pico M2HP Reply with quote
Is there anybody out there that has setup a Pico Station as the main router with dd-wrt. I used dd-wrt with a linksys router and was able to connect to the internet with just the default settings (or at least minor changes, setting the WAN to DHCP or STATIC). I was able to connect with the Air OS on my Pico no problems, as soon as I installed dd-wrt (no issues via tftp) I cannot access the internet. I've been at it now for 2 weeks trying to get it to work with different settings, it almost seems like there is some kind of a bridging setting that I need to make under the network tab. Please help.
I love this firmware and have some minor knowledge on it, WDS, SERVICES, ACCESS CONTROL, MAC ADDRESS CONTROL, TIMED ACCESS, nothing to fancy, I like it for timed access that's about it, but I sure am having problems with this Ubiquiti device.

Last edited by pivot boy on Thu May 15, 2014 3:25; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Sash
Do you have any suggestions for me yet on this issue? I'm so frustrated I'm ready to climb the moon.
pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I notice a knowledgeable guy on here by the name of Markus I wonder if he can help me!
pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 23:04    Post subject: Ubiquitit Reply with quote
I'm slowly getting somewhere, if I leave all settings at the default I can access the net, which means I'm getting my ips from my gateway switch behind my pico station, I would like to get my ips from my pico so I can take advantage of the dd-wrt firmware, as soon as I enable WAN network to static or automatic I'm hooped, what am I doing wrong? Please help me.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:02    Post subject: Re: Ubiquitit Reply with quote
pivot boy wrote:
I'm slowly getting somewhere, if I leave all settings at the default I can access the net, which means I'm getting my ips from my gateway switch behind my pico station, I would like to get my ips from my pico so I can take advantage of the dd-wrt firmware, as soon as I enable WAN network to static or automatic I'm hooped, what am I doing wrong? Please help me.

Its the firmware version your running most likely, you need to be using the latest, wan port was broken on builds above 18024, you need to be running builds 23069 and above... This will fix your problem, set it to wan, and then u connect to LAN aka the wifi

-Fractal
pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36    Post subject: Re: Ubiquitit Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
pivot boy wrote:

Its the firmware version your running most likely, you need to be using the latest, wan port was broken on builds above 18024, you need to be running builds 23069 and above... This will fix your problem, set it to wan, and then u connect to LAN aka the wifi

-Fractal

Finally somebody with a bit of knowledge, I took it for granted the initial page would have the latest build, but I found out it doesn't, you have to click on OTHER DOWNLOADS to get the latest build. I'll leave a post if this works out for me.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:05    Post subject: Re: Ubiquitit Reply with quote
pivot boy wrote:
Fractal wrote:
pivot boy wrote:

-Fractal

Finally somebody with a bit of knowledge, I took it for granted the initial page would have the latest build, but I found out it doesn't, you have to click on OTHER DOWNLOADS to get the latest build. I'll leave a post if this works out for me.

Flashing builds above 23069 will make the WAN port work as wan, and your LAN connect to the wifi, aka your ssidd

works great either way.

-Fractal
pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 23:30    Post subject: Re: Ubiquitit Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
pivot boy wrote:
Fractal wrote:
pivot boy wrote:

-Fractal

Flashing builds above 23069 will make the WAN port work as wan, and your LAN connect to the wifi, aka your ssidd

works great either way.

-Fractal
pivot boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 23:38    Post subject: no wds Reply with quote
One problem solved now another one, I can't get WDS to work, device turns into a small white brick as soon as I try and turn on the LAN under WDS any suggestions. I need WDS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: