ISP WAN port speed problems - WNDR3700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:00    Post subject: ISP WAN port speed problems - WNDR3700 Reply with quote
Hi, forum!

I got a fiber connection the other day and thus I have a new "modem" which I want to use with my old trustworthy WNDR3700 (v1 I think if I remember correctly (running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118)).

Anyhow, I've had no luck getting a DHCP IP address from my ISP. If I connect a standalone computer everything is fine. I've been testing back and forth and finally I put an old 100Mbit switch in between the WAN port of the WNDR3700 and the "modem" and suddenly everything is fine and I get an IP address etc., no problem!

Problem is, that I don't get more than 100Mbit now since they aren't communicating on Gbit and I need to have an extra switch running as a "filter" which is of course not optimal.

So, anybody seen this kind of problem and have any ideas or something to try?

TIA!
Sponsor
BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump... anyone?
Berkutta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you tried another Cable? How is it when you use a Gigabit Switch between the Modem and Router?
BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Berkutta; interesting thought, I will try a Gigabit switch and see what happens. As far as the cable is concerned, yes, I've switched cable. I've also used a tester on the cable and through the patch panel I use and it comes up as a good 8-wire cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: