Asus RT-AC68U bogs down,bittorrent over VPN and must reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pressevent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 23:42    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U bogs down,bittorrent over VPN and must reboot Reply with quote
I've tried the official DD-WRT build plus the 24500 kong build, both with OpenVPN flipped on inside the router as well as just using a VPN client on my own machine from my provider instead, but same results.

What should I tweak/change to make this otherwise seemingly fabulous Asus RT-AC68U run more solidly under load? I don't really even torrent all that much, a heavy week for me is 5GB total transfer.

It is more stable now that i'm running my vyprvpn client locally on windows instead of inside router ... but i still have to reboot the router relatively often as it bogs my connection to zero ... (comcast, east coast usa)

If i load it up with torrent traffic for five minutes or so, even throttled, it ends up going to zero and my wife/kids start yelling about the internet being out.

Should I be tweaking things in TCP congestion area, perhaps? or overclocking the CPU a bit?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: