How to setup 2 different networks lan to wifi

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
annoce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46    Post subject: How to setup 2 different networks lan to wifi Reply with quote
Hi all,

My boss asked me for create 2 ssid on our asus RT-AC66U router with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/14) running on.
I tryed many configurations but i can't make it working.

Network 1 for visitors in our company is just network with INET connection, it is standart DHCP network.

Network 2 is our internal LAN with static IP adresses. 192.168.199.x 255.255.254.0 gw 192.168.199.4

We need to have 2 separate ssid's, one for visitors and second for our internal LAN. Second one will be just for 5 connections RANGE 192.168.199.233-237. 255.255.254.0 gw 192.168.199.4

The point is do this as separate, no one network will communicate with second.

Thank you for your help dear community.

Last edited by annoce on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:58; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Better watch man! Or Murrkf will come in here and flame you pretty good. As he has stated numerous times in the Announement post right at the top of the forums titled "STOP!-READ THIS: Or your Post in this Forum May be DELETED!" You need to state:

1. Which router and version are you using? (Example, RT-N12B1, RT-N16A1, etc.)

2. What is the exact build of DD-WRT that is on the router? (Need Build number, mini, std, mega, etc.)

Without providing those two key pieces of information it's highly unlikely your question will be answered as when setting up multiple SSID's and separating them the process can be very different between router makes and builds of DD-WRT. Post that info and your are much more likely to get your question answered.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
80sguitartist wrote:
Better watch man! Or Murrkf will come in here and flame you pretty good. As he has stated numerous times in the Announement post right at the top of the forums titled "STOP!-READ THIS: Or your Post in this Forum May be DELETED!" You need to state:

1. Which router and version are you using? (Example, RT-N12B1, RT-N16A1, etc.)

2. What is the exact build of DD-WRT that is on the router? (Need Build number, mini, std, mega, etc.)

Without providing those two key pieces of information it's highly unlikely your question will be answered as when setting up multiple SSID's and separating them the process can be very different between router makes and builds of DD-WRT. Post that info and your are much more likely to get your question answered.

AND

3. Post in the proper forum!

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
annoce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:59    Post subject: miltiple SSIDS Reply with quote
Hi, sorry i corrected infos about router and firmware
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you say you have tried "many configurations" can you tell us what you have tried? Put in the links to the sites you have referenced and what you have tried. Also, can you be more specific on what the problem is? At what point does it not work. For example, maybe the secondary Guest SSID is broadcasting and you can connect to it but you don't get a DHCP lease. This will help isolate what is going on.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
annoce wrote:
Network 2 is our internal LAN with static IP adresses. 192.168.199.x 255.255.254.0 gw 192.168.199.4

Do you have more than 252 addresses?

This will range from 192.168.198.1-192.168.199.254

This will not work with every equipment, as the subnet mask is smaller than the network mask.

Use a B-class network (172.16.x.x) rather than the C-class. A B-class network mask is 255.255.0.0 versus the 255.255.255.0 for the C-class.

For a Guest SSID, you need another network segment.
http://www.coertvonk.com/technology/networking/dd-wrt-leading-two-seperate-networks-5829
http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: