EoIP tunneling and advanced routing problems

phuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 14:29    Post subject: EoIP tunneling and advanced routing problems Reply with quote
I have a few sites connected via an EoIP tunnel and the proper advanced routing entries. Once rebooted with the new config, it works great.
However, the problem comes into play if I change something and hit apply settings. The routing entry falls out of the routing table and I can no longer access the remote network. If I reboot the router after applying changes, it begins to work again.

The reason I am worried about this is because we have dynamic IPs with DDNS. Each router has a script and cron job to update the IP address of the tunnel, and I am worried that after it changes, the tunnel will stop functioning until a reboot is performed. I could be wrong, but this is my suspicion. Either way, the route shouldn't come out of the table after changing a number and hitting apply. The routes are still visible under the drop down menu in "Advanced Routing" but doesn't show up in the actual table.
Sponsor
phuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone please provide some insight.
Why do I lose my advanced routing additions after updating an IP in my EoIP Tunnels? It requires a reboot after changing it in order to re-establish the routing table entry and therefore re-establish the tunnel.
phuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm coming back to this because I am still looking for an answer.
If an IP gets changed, it updates correctly in the EoIP tunnel page via a cron job, however the routing entry disappears. The only way for it to come back is to perform a reboot of the router.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this without forcing a reboot of the router?

Maybe I need to delete the route and re-add it? If this would work, could I get some insight on the scripting commands to do this?
jia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Pass your Testking HP2-E58 exam exams in first try by using our Testking ccna wireless bgsp tutorials and best quality www.stevenson.edu dumps along with ccie Loyola University Maryland

Last edited by jia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: