24710M is available for down load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
XenonKilla wrote:
Uhhh is there a setting that needs to be enabled for this new "Turboboost" or am I missing something here?? I'm getting the same if not just a little worse speeds than I was with 24500. I tested with both iPerf and Lan Speed Test and got the same results. Question

Unless I am misunderstanding your findings, you are testing LAN-LAN. Or did you setup a WAN server? Turboboost is accelerates NAT therefore LAN-WAN over IPv4.
Sponsor
deathnite
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
eurotech wrote:
Privoxy is broken with me also with this new build.

Is Privoxy your girlfriend? Why did she break up with you?

Sarcasm aside, I guess you mean it's broken for you.

▼ INACTIVE ▼
[Broadcom ARM] ASUS RT-AC56U v2.00 --802.11ac-- dd-wrt v24-SP2-r23919 | RT-AC56U Thread | ASUSWRT-Merlin 384.6-Kernel-2.6
[Atheros MIPS] Linksys WRT160NL v1.0 --802.11n-- dd-wrt v24-SP2-r20675 | WRT160NL Thread | OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 r40477-Kernel-3.10

Last edited by deathnite on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45; edited 4 times in total
XenonKilla
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:
XenonKilla wrote:
Uhhh is there a setting that needs to be enabled for this new "Turboboost" or am I missing something here?? I'm getting the same if not just a little worse speeds than I was with 24500. I tested with both iPerf and Lan Speed Test and got the same results. Question

Unless I am misunderstanding your findings, you are testing LAN-LAN. Or did you setup a WAN server? Turboboost is accelerates NAT therefore LAN-WAN over IPv4.

No I test LAN-WAN and WAN-LAN just like I always do. I use a different computer connected to WAN where I have iPerf Server setup. Then I setup and run iPerf Client on a computer connected to the LAN port. I've gotten up to 841mbps transfer speeds on the stock FW using this setup so I know my setup is plenty capable of at least handling up to 841mpbs.

But yeah with the new 24710M I'm only getting 284mbps Upload and 314mpbs Download. I was getting 348mbps upload and 362mbps download on 24500.

Regardless, I'm not seeing any kinda "Turboboost" increase like what's be talked about. I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't something that had to be manually enabled via command-line or something like that.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
XenonKilla wrote:
JAMESMTL wrote:
XenonKilla wrote:

No I test LAN-WAN and WAN-LAN just like I always do. I use a different computer connected to WAN where I have iPerf Server setup. Then I setup and run iPerf Client on a computer connected to the LAN port. I've gotten up to 841mbps transfer speeds on the stock FW using this setup so I know my setup is plenty capable of at least handling up to 841mpbs.

But yeah with the new 24710M I'm only getting 284mbps Upload and 314mpbs Download. I was getting 348mbps upload and 362mbps download on 24500.

Regardless, I'm not seeing any kinda "Turboboost" increase like what's be talked about. I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't something that had to be manually enabled via command-line or something like that.

24500 had no turboboost 24710 has and the kernel is compiled with debug info, thus is a bit slower.
But to verify DDTB is up and running and packages go through it you just have to run command:

iptables -vnL -t raw

if you don't see ddtb rules, then you did not setup the router correctly e.g. specified no gateway, gateway would be the pc on the wan side.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong, this is the output of the command for my router.
Does this mean I missed something?

<Kong> wrote:
24500 had no turboboost 24710 has and the kernel is compiled with debug info, thus is a bit slower.
But to verify DDTB is up and running and packages go through it you just have to run command:

iptables -vnL -t raw

if you don't see ddtb rules, then you did not setup the router correctly e.g. specified no gateway, gateway would be the pc on the wan side.

ddwrt_upgrade.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.75 KB
 Viewed:  7992 Time(s)

ddwrt_upgrade.jpg

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
jsmiddleton4
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cloned the MAC to see if that helped the GUI sluggishness with IE11. Did some. But not across the board. I don't know if it is taking a long time to collect the data to be displayed in the GUI or if it is taking a long time to display the data.

If that makes any sense.

After cloning the MAC, the correct one of course, I had to unplug the router and plug it back in, obviously, so that it refreshed some information somewhere otherwise I could not connect to the Internet.

This isn't a big deal but it seems to me like some dot is not connecting and the sluggishness, having to unplug the router, are symptoms of something else being amiss.

Previously:
Asus RT-N66U
Linksys E3000
Linksys WRT54GS Version 2.1
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
Linksys WRT54G Version 1.1
bcmalloy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:01    Post subject: tested with dlink 868l Reply with quote
Tested Kongs 24710M Build with dlink 868l
Installed and reset to defaults.

Everything seems to be working ok except

Issue with ddwrt web interface responding when i navigate to it, sometimes slow - no response or it looks like this . (screenshot from Firefox)

Wireless 5ghz AC speed download from my local server using my new Edimax EW-7822UAC adapter is around 15 mb sec on stock it's around 29 mb sec (slower speeds are to be expected)

Looking forward to a stable version with this fancy hardware accelerated Nat.

ddwrt.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.07 KB
 Viewed:  7631 Time(s)

ddwrt.JPG

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48    Post subject: Re: tested with dlink 868l Reply with quote
bcmalloy wrote:

Wireless 5ghz AC speed download from my local server using my new Edimax EW-7822UAC adapter is around 15 mb sec on stock it's around 29 mb sec (slower speeds are to be expected)

Why do you expect slower speeds? I expect at least the same or better speeds. But DLink is not really well supported thus might be a problem specific to DLink.

I recommend to stay away from DLink and get a Netgear, Asus or Buffalo unit.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kong

I think a while back you said that dink drivers are closed source so not to expect the same speed as stock, my findings are also it is definitely not as fast, yet.

Some issues with this build and Dlink 868l, last build worked much better.

Besides this it ran great for at least a week...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: