Flashing WNDR4300 SureWest with dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
betterjonshipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Second post for the compiled source

[url]https://mega.co.nz/#!x0ITCCBT!IBDh6bwnqQWdIWTXxP2loQXR5ylTaf04otOqoSv8LPQ[/url]

Just a word of caution, I didn't test this and it was my first time compiling c++. Just needed the header for the ddwrt file. I would only use this for a last resort kind of situation, and if you do let me know it it works.
Sponsor
gueriLLaPunK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash this:

[url]https://mega.co.nz/#!B55x0BhS!5Oh3u9aSiIbLPWCAJ4vxmp3m2RzpsMOpRFCpS6g_j5k[/url]

Downloaded the source from here: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/ then compiled it, copied the header over to the default.img from dd-wrt, appendsum the chkbit and it flashed fine.

The WAN took a few reboots to work, but that could have been my hardware. Posting from it now and speedtest comes in an a solid 30Mpbs (my cap).

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, http://jonshipman.com/ (my paypal is email on the top right)

You are awesome! Thank you! I will definitely buy you a beer when I start working again.

So is this an initial flash of dd-wrt that I need to do first? In the router DB, it says I need to do wndr4300-factory.img first. Or do this custom SW flash and then wndr4300-factory.img?

Can't find installation instructions for this router in the wiki.
betterjonshipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just install the first img I posted. Its the same as on the ddwrt firmware page but with the correct headers.
gueriLLaPunK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
betterjonshipman wrote:
Just install the first img I posted. Its the same as on the ddwrt firmware page but with the correct headers.

30/30/30 reset, then flash via webgui? Viola? It seems too simple, lol
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
So once we flash the dd-wrt version mentioned above, can we then go to a different dd-wrt version or each version needs to be modified to have the correct header? In other words, can this router be permanently modified to not be Surewest specific anymore?
betterjonshipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Permanent
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
betterjonshipman wrote:
Permanent

Awesome job then! I don't have said router yet, but I will soon once I get the fiber installation done. Is this a decent router to run DD-WRT on? I've been using DD-WRT on many other routers for a long time now, so why not on this one, and why not a free router, if anything just keep it around as a backup.
betterjonshipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seemed to crash every week or so on the stock firmware. It's been stable running ddwrt for me. It seems decent, nothing too flashy. 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz N and a USB port. Better than my linksys wrt54gl it replaced.

SirDracula wrote:

Awesome job then! I don't have said router yet, but I will soon once I get the fiber installation done. Is this a decent router to run DD-WRT on? I've been using DD-WRT on many other routers for a long time now, so why not on this one, and why not a free router, if anything just keep it around as a backup.
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you on the version you posted above or on a different version that you flashed after? What exact version/file did you use if you flashed something after? I'm trying to run something that's known stable rather than experiment with finding something. Thanks!

betterjonshipman wrote:
It seemed to crash every week or so on the stock firmware. It's been stable running ddwrt for me. It seems decent, nothing too flashy. 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz N and a USB port. Better than my linksys wrt54gl it replaced.

SirDracula wrote:

betterjonshipman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stock firmware means what was shipped on the device. The ddwrt build I uploaded is stable.
HINOHI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29    Post subject: V1.0.0.6SW Reply with quote
Hi my WNDR4300SW is on version V1.0.0.6SW not V1.0.0.2SW. Will this work or not? Is there any way I can downgrade back to V1.0.0.2SW? Thanks
gueriLLaPunK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35    Post subject: Re: V1.0.0.6SW Reply with quote
HINOHI wrote:
Hi my WNDR4300SW is on version V1.0.0.6SW not V1.0.0.2SW. Will this work or not? Is there any way I can downgrade back to V1.0.0.2SW? Thanks

Shouldn't matter. Just flash with the ddwrt img and that's it.

betterjonshipman wrote:
Stock firmware means what was shipped on the device. The ddwrt build I uploaded is stable.

I flashed on July 28th and I've done 1.199TB of traffic since then. Jon definitely deserves a beer!
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally got the router. Would it please be possible to repost the dd-wrt firmware? I'm trying to download it from Mega and I keep getting "Temporary error, retrying.". Unfortunately the error does not seem to be "temporary" at least for me.
gueriLLaPunK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
Finally got the router. Would it please be possible to repost the dd-wrt firmware? I'm trying to download it from Mega and I keep getting "Temporary error, retrying.". Unfortunately the error does not seem to be "temporary" at least for me.

I just clicked on it and it worked for me.

Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!B55x0BhS!5Oh3u9aSiIbLPWCAJ4vxmp3m2RzpsMOpRFCpS6g_j5k
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
gueriLLaPunK wrote:
SirDracula wrote:

I just clicked on it and it worked for me.

Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!B55x0BhS!5Oh3u9aSiIbLPWCAJ4vxmp3m2RzpsMOpRFCpS6g_j5k

Mind uploading it to dropbox or something for a few minutes so I can grab a copy? It does not work for me, though I can download the one from the 2nd post WNDR4300SW-V1.0.0.2SW.img -- is this the stock firmware, is it modified in any way?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: