TL-MR3020 all LED's lit-no DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 22:39    Post subject: TL-MR3020 all LED's lit-no DHCP Reply with quote
Ok
So had one of these happily working with dd-wrt on it.Put an elastic band round it (!) to keep it tight on a battery, and it stopped working.When I say stopped, I mean neither the LAN port will give out/receive a DHCP request/broadcast, nor the wireless. I think the band got over the WPS button, which is also the reset button Embarassed

I can see the dd-wrt SSID, but again, when I try to connect, no IP is given out.Unlike a bricked unit, all the LED's come on after 30 secs boot (if it was bricked, only Power LED?). Reset fails to cure it (hold down WPS button for 10 seconds), nor does the 30/30/30 method. Cant get it into failsafe, and Wireshark see's no ARP's or broadcasts when connected to my laptop Ethernet port. Using static of 192.168.1.2 brings no joy either. I have searched and searched the web, and can find no symptoms which match these! Anybody any ideas?

ta

cabs
Sponsor
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got this fixed, here's how.

Ordered a TTL-USB converter off Ebay (£3), and soldered some pin headers onto the board of the MR-3020. Installed the appropriate driver on my laptop,connect up the TTL converter, launched putty (serial, 115200 baud)and up popped DD-WRT! All I had to do then was clear the nvram, reboot, and voila!-the web interface was back and the unit was giving out IP addy's via DHCP. So the unit wasn't bricked, merely the config had become corrupted in some way...

I have all the links, and some pics, if anybody else has this issue, pm me and I will add to the post.

cheers

cabs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: