Support Request for EDIMAX BR-6675nD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
MJfromMD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 20:58    Post subject: Support Request for EDIMAX BR-6675nD Reply with quote
Is there a plan to offer firmware for this model Question
Sponsor
wakibaci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also like to know if this model will be supported or if existing firmware would be suitable.
Thanks for any help.

Edimax BR-6675nD

Type: wireless router

FCC ID: NDD9566751028

Power: 12 VDC, 1.25 A
Connector type: Barrel plug

CPU1: Ralink RT3883
FLA1: 8 MB (Macronix MX29LV640EBTI-70G)
RAM1: 64 MB (Winbond W9751G6JB-25)

Expansion IF types: none specified

WI1 chip1: Ralink RT3883
WI1 802dot11 protocols: an
WI1 MIMO status: 3x3:3
WI1 antenna connector: U.FL, RP-SMA
WI2 chip1: Ralink RT3092
WI2 802dot11 protocols: bgn
WI2 MIMO status: 2x2:2
WI2 antenna connector: U.FL, RP-SMA

ETH chip1: Ralink RT3883
Switch: Realtek RTL8367R
LAN speed: 10/100/1000
LAN ports: 4
WAN ports: 1
douirc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
+100! just bought the router...very happy with the performance but would love to have dd-wrt. you have my vote for firmware!
staticfree
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I just bought this Edimax BR-6675nd router too. It is working great as is bare bones out of the box but its GUI configurability is a bit on the skimpy side. It's a great stable solid router otherwise!

Edimax has posted the firmware source code on their support download site. I've downloaded it and untar'ed it onto a Linux RHEL5 laptop PC. Ran the make and build routines and after about half an hour worth of compiling and building itself, it finally finished and said it built the firmware image file successfully! However, it says the firmware filename is version 1.09 whereas the latest firmware that came with the router is version 1.13.

I am new to venturing into this modding of firmwares for routers so I have a lot to learn about what and where everything is organized in these source tar ball files. But I just wanted to post here that a GNU Licensed source code file is provided for those that already know how to get in there and start fixing and mod'ing stuff. Any takers? This is a nice router that is putting out a superior signal for me on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, so I feel it is a router worth working on improving the interface and features.
The source code for the firmware can be downloaded from their download site here:
http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=392&pl1_id=3&pl2_id=18#03

Hope that helps someone get started for a custom firmware.
staticfree
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:16    Post subject: Update: I returned this router Reply with quote
I returned this router because after a couple of days the 2.4Ghz band acted up and would not connect until a reboot. Add to this, that there is very limited to no support for this company and router model and its firmware and I just did not want to wait nor deal with it. So I bought an Asus Rt-N66U router and that to my surprise (a Broadcom chipset based router) turned out to be a great stable router for my use. Good luck to any Edimax router owners!
m4f1050
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 for dd-wrt for this device!

staticfree: Wow, mine worked for 2 years straight with 0 issues or resets. Im surprised. I had a Linksys prior to this one and I had to reset that SOB every day almost! I smashed it into pieces after I bought this one, and believe me, IT FELT GOOD! Very Happy
Now I use a Netgear Nighthawk AC-1900 with dd-wrt, use the OpenVPN, firewall and Guest functionalities on it and it is super fast! I have it o/c at 1200 (2 cores at 1200MHz) and transmitting at 1watt. Im sure my neighbors hate me if they have wireless telephones... hehe - but I get 3/4 signal all the way to my backyard and front yard too. Inside the house I get full bars! Can't get too close because signal gets worse...but that's the nature of the beast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: