Looking for Netgear WNR834Bv2 Recommended Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SquareWave
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 22:15    Post subject: Looking for Netgear WNR834Bv2 Recommended Builds Reply with quote
Using the wiki I have installed DD-wrt on my router and it works good but I always like having the latest updates. I have read all the announcements including redhawk0's recommended builds though I am not really sure what I should flash next.

My router model is "Netgear WNR834B v2"

My firmware version is "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) std - build 12548M NEWD Eko"

What would you recommend?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still recommend the nokaid_generic.bin build of 14929 for this unit. Its old...and this build is proven solid.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks redhawk and yea the router is really old. The wiki gives a lot of good information for installing the firmware but not very clear what versions is supported after the initial install. Maybe I can finally make use of the router now. This has helped me a lot thank you.
spamme0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43    Post subject: wnr834bv2 Reply with quote
Can you recommend a specific link to firmware
installation instructions relevant to THIS router?
Seems that there are a zillion different incompatible
instructions...most 5-years old...
You MUST install this before you install that...
This version bricks your router...
Ignore the wiki, search for "Peacock"...
The other guy's instructions brick your router...

Call me paranoid...I don't need another doorstop.

Recommendations?
Thanks, mike
drik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
I still recommend the nokaid_generic.bin build of 14929 for this unit. Its old...and this build is proven solid.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

redhawk

Hi
I can't seem to get the firmware for 834bv2 anywhere. You're link is dead, also the link in the wiki. Not even in the database is the link available....

Do you know a way to get the version you recomend?

Thanks in advance
Matt6543
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wiki does need to be updated - the download locations have changed since the page was written. Also, I'm about to flash this router for the first time, and I've had quite a bit of trouble finding the most up-to-date forum thread about it.

The correct links for the two builds mentioned here are now:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn12548/dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_mini_wnr834bv2.chk
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin
Matt6543
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I've now been using this router for over a year with build 14929, and it seems to work very well, except that it seems that at least with my setup, as a repeater bridge, about once every hour or two, the wifi will go out for a few to maybe 30 seconds and then come back on. I'm pretty sure it's the Netgear router that's doing it and not the one from my cable company. I don't really know any other builds that are safe to try, especially ones that include repeater bridge mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: